Hey Nitrousbird

atomicfusion1647545515

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will add a little to the "Back Story" :)

Mark won the award for the "Fastest Corvette" based off times ran by any Corvette from Friday morning to Saturday night at the Shoot-out. Not just Orange Corvettes. Not just C6 Corvettes. Not just Z06 Corvettes. Not just Drag-radial Corvettes.

ANY CORVETTE.

After we were told we won Sunday morning we walked around all day looking at and watching all the 6-second "Corvettes" and my joke was how pissed each must be that they got screwed out of the "Fastest Corvette" award lol. Obviously they could have cared less. My joke was in reference to guys like Joe or JP throwing around pics of 6-second "Corvettes" as proof that Mark's isn't the fastest.

Seems that the guys that run GM High Performance / LSx disagree with them....

Jeff

All the cars you guys call "corvettes" were there .... every picture you have ever linked in any of my threads were there....

The officials didn't give any of them the award... they gave it to me.

Maybe you should spend some of the energy you waste on trying to disprove my record on making your own car go down the track.

Maybe you should spend some of the energy you waste on trying to disprove my record on making your own car go down the track.

I would add, go down the track at 8.15 @ 174.02 MPH AND legally go to Kroger's at 45mph

Nice work Mark. For the record, yes, I jealous. I just temper that jealousy with my own toys which yield me a lot of fun too.

Edited by TTQ B4U

I don't see why he doesn't deserve credit? Have you ever seen the car in person? It is literally the cleanest corvette I have ever seen. Look inside tell me if you can see the water to air intercooler, hell show me the cage inside it? I don't understand why you can't be a man and give credit when credit is due. Sounds like some jealousy and arrogance to me.

Beacuse haters HATE what they cant have. True story.

Mark's car actually got built in the Corvette plant and modified.

As are all the 10.5 Outlaw Vettes. There are a lot of rules on stock stuff that has to be on those cars. Are there a lot more factory parts on Mark's car? Yes. Does that make the other cars not real Vettes? No

I don't see why he doesn't deserve credit? Have you ever seen the car in person? It is literally the cleanest corvette I have ever seen. Look inside tell me if you can see the water to air intercooler, hell show me the cage inside it? I don't understand why you can't be a man and give credit when credit is due. Sounds like some jealousy and arrogance to me.

So because he has a nice, clean, fast car, he should hold the title? How does that make sense. I've never said anything bad about the car.

Because Joe is a Hater! He has the best in everything, and if you own anything different, it just plain sucks.

Mark's car is nicer and faster than mine will ever be. Period. Probably has a nicer home too, nicer DD, etc. It may bother you, but doesn't bother me...there is always someone with something nicer/better/faster. His car is fast and bad-ass. But I am a hater because I disagree on it being the fastest C6.

I would add, go down the track at 8.15 @ 174.02 MPH AND legally go to Kroger's at 45mph

You won't find any 8 second car that is truly street-legal (hell, go find one that would pass an emissions visual and/or sniffer test). Import or domestic. But I'd agree it is a street-driven street car that is very quick.

Because Joe is a Hater! He has the best in everything because his wife is loaded and he brags about what she buys him every year, and if you own anything different, it just plain sucks.

My wife isn't loaded. She buys me cool presents on my birthday/X-mas - and imagine this, I do the same for her. You know, actually putting some time/thought into my significant other, and noticing that she did the same for me. I'm not going to feel embarassed because we are both financially stable that we won't go broke spending a couple hundred bucks on each other twice a year.

Facts:

- Mark likely has the fastest IRS Vette.

- Mark's car is very quick, and likely quicker than anything I will ever build/own, and likely has run faster than I will ever drive a car personally down a track.

- The car is beautiful, and one of my favorite kind of cars

- Have never met Mark, seen the car in person, or really know anything about him. Have never had any beef with the guy.

But because I 100% disagree with it being the fastest C6 out there, with evidence to back it up, I must be a hater / think he didn't accomplish anything / think his car is slow / wish he would die in a fire / whatever else someone thinks up next.

Hell, I'd love to see his car beat the IRS record for any car, as I'd be much happier to see a Vette hold the title than a Viper/Supra. But I see C6's that have been modded further that went faster, and personally can't justify the statement of his being the fastest C6. End of story.

I understand it that he has the fastest, because if someone else thinks theirs is faster they should have brought it to the competition. Since they didn't Mark has the trophy. Correct?

Actually, if Joe's arguement / opinion was valid, there were probably 5 or 6 faster "Corvette's" there. Lucky for us the guys that run the Shoot-out know the difference. The closest actual Corvette was the previous IRS record-holder at 8.22

Jeff