Fallout New Vegas Review

87GT

I got my hands on the copy for the 360. I must say this game has a lot of things I wished fallout 3 had. Everything is the same from the past game with some few added features. All guns have iron sights. You can still use VATS if you want. I like that you can sneak attack while in iron sights if you are hidding. Also the ammo changes. You have normal ammo, armor piercing and, hollow points. This ammo must be loaded to change so you got to be careful because each reload degrades your weapon condition. So far the ammo I have found is 22LR, .357, .9mm, .45, and .556. You can buy addons to your guns like silencers and scopes.

The other thing I love is the crafting aspect of the game. Remember all that useless stuff you would find in boxes? Empty bottles, syringes, medical tubing? Stuff like this can be used to make stimpacks, other medical healing items, and also edible food. I was able to steal corn from a corn field so far. Also I found a small patch of jalapeno peppers I could steal. You can use these for a small 1+ HP gain or save them to craft something more powerful. If you find a campfire in the wasteland you can use it to craft food.

Also you have a weapons bench and a ammo press. Both of these allow you to craft. You can craft new weapons and also addons to your weapons. With the press you can use it to make ammo or strip down ammo for parts. You must find empty shells and gun power to make ammo. Another neat thing is sometimes you collect your empty shells after shooting a gun and save them.

Fuck CR I am going to go play this game more. A couple hours last night was not enough. ;););)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds cool and reassures me some. I loved Fallout 1&2 but Fallout 3 was a tremendous fuck up in comparison. It was decently fun to play through and all but nothing close to resembling how great the previous games were for their time.

Obsidian is basically Black Isle reformed, Bethesda is just publishing this time, so hopefully more like Fallout 1&2, with a Fallout 3 skin !

I only found 1 sensor module so far but I haven't played since Sunday. So where did you find them? Oh yeah and don't go north. Go south then east then north if you really want to get to the strip. I wouldn't do it personally until you complete the quests. I bet the strip is full of higher level enemies.

I only found 1 sensor module so far but I haven't played since Sunday. So where did you find them? Oh yeah and don't go north. Go south then east then north if you really want to get to the strip. I wouldn't do it personally until you complete the quests. I bet the strip is full of higher level enemies.

Unless the combat system is like fallout 3, where the enemies are adapted to your level

If you follow that road down south then loop around the east, you will eventually get to a place with a shitload of metal campers laying around, its some sort of NCR post. Dig through the metal boxes inside the campers and there are at least two.

Unless the combat system is like fallout 3, where the enemies are adapted to your level

So there I was, just walking along the road when all of a sudden I died. In the death cutscene there was a Deathclaw that had ran up behind me and took one swipe. Yeah....

So there I was, just walking along the road when all of a sudden I died. In the death cutscene there was a Deathclaw that had ran up behind me and took one swipe. Yeah....

Death claws always sneak up on you unless you see them straight on.

FINALLY found an "owned house"

Novak, due east of the powder ganger locations. Take the road down around the south end then back up on the east side of the map. Look for the giant Dinky the Dino thing, its a motel where you can buy a room.

Also a good tip - dynamite is worth a lot. Grab it all and sell it.

Haven't even found Ed-E. What's that?

Not in any need for caps right now. Sitting on 1500 or so with a shit load of stuff to sell. I've been keeping it in a foot locker at Doc Mitchells so hopefully it's still there when I decide to sell it or get a home.