O-H

03spydr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In before clouded judgement having Ohio State fans come in and make excuses. Being a Buckeye fan of sound mind and body I can say coaching will have to win this game... Will Tressel stand up to the challenge or fail miserably????

Fail miserably! oh well :(

Its not that bad of a loss. I hate band wagon fans. U act like its the end of the season, more than likely oregon will lose 1 bsu will go undefeated and still be ranked between 3-5. My $ is still on osu vs bama in the ncg. They didn't play we'll, but it was a hostile enviroment and wisconsin was emotionally more into the game from the get go. Bucks played well, showed some versitility, and pryor didn't look 100% healthy. Defense got worked but that's fixable. And of course blame tressel for his play calling, cause that's what mot of you " know it alls" do. Percentages over all. He plays field position and high percentage ball. Not much more he could have done

Its not that bad of a loss. I hate band wagon fans. U act like its the end of the season, more than likely oregon will lose 1 bsu will go undefeated and still be ranked between 3-5. My $ is still on osu vs bama in the ncg. They didn't play well, but it was a hostile enviroment and wisconsin was emotionally more into the game from the get go. Bucks played well, showed some versitility, and pryor didn't look 100% healthy. Defense got worked but that's fixable. And of course blame tressel for his play calling, cause that's what mot of you " know it alls" do. Percentages over all. He plays field position and high percentage ball. Not much more he could have done

I agree with both statements.

The game was lost in the first half. He made some good adjustments at half time but it was too late. This is when his playbook is almost good enough to bring you back but you need some ace in the holes for a quick 6 and the momentum back. He let them keep the momentum while he stuck to his game plan for way too damn long. Do something early to give Pryor confidence, quiet the crowd down, and help them score before Wisconsin put up 21 points. Even if it doesnt work it will be in the back of the other coaches mind and make them rethink just how predictable Tressel is. It was a well coached half but not a well coached game. We seriously need to do something with this special teams. They suck and put the coaching staff/team in a hostile situation. Take away that score and its a different game.

We seriously need to do something with this special teams. They suck and put the coaching staff/team in a hostile situation. Take away that score and its a different game.

As much of a heartbreaker as that return was, as poor as our special teams has been, its almost one you can feel coming. I swear I hold my breath every time we kick the ball now it's so bad.

What was surprising, was how poorly our defense played. Two smashmouth drives for scores to go up 21 ? The D just couldn't get the stops.

I agree with both statements.

The game was lost in the first half. He made some good adjustments at half time but it was too late. This is when his playbook is almost good enough to bring you back but you need some ace in the holes for a quick 6 and the momentum back. He let them keep the momentum while he stuck to his game plan for way too damn long. Do something early to give Pryor confidence, quiet the crowd down, and help them score before Wisconsin put up 21 points. Even if it doesnt work it will be in the back of the other coaches mind and make them rethink just how predictable Tressel is. It was a well coached half but not a well coached game. We seriously need to do something with this special teams. They suck and put the coaching staff/team in a hostile situation. Take away that score and its a different game.

Thanks for the input, Madden. You're absolutely right. In football, you gotta score more than the other team to win. ;)

Thanks for the input, Madden. You're absolutely right. In football, you gotta score more than the other team to win. ;)

:lol: Shut up :lol:

"See, the quarter backs job is to throw the ball... now with the ball being in the air its the recievers job to catch it. If they dont catch it then its not a catch." /johnmadden

if osu is going to make it to the ncg then they need to get rid of trussel, he has been holding them back, we is washed up not useful for the team anymore. he needs to step down of get fired.

Who do you recommend we replace him with? Ya know, since he's holding us back and all.

Mack Brown: 81.9% of games won. 66.7% in bowl games. 1 NCG.

Pete Carroll: 81.4% of games won. 77.8% in bowl games. 2 NCG.

Nick Saban: 81.3% of games won. 66.7% in bowl games. 1 NCG.

Bob Stoops: 81% of games won. 45.5% in bowl games. 1 NCG.

Urban Meyer: 82.4% of games won. 80% in bowl games. 2 NCG.

Joe Paterno: 74.6% of games won. 66.7% in bowl games. 2 NCG.

Bobby Bowden: 75.2% of games won. 65% in bowl games. 2 NCG.

'Bear' Bryant: 81% of games won. 50% in bowl games. 4 NCG.

Knute Rockne: 86.1% of games won. 3 NCG.

(Now to compare to past OSU coaches which were heralded)

Woody: 74.3% of games won. 45.5% in bowl games. 3 NCG.

Bruce: 75% of games won. 62.5% in bowl games. 0 NCG.

Cooper: 70.3% of games won. 27% in bowl games. 0 NCG.

Tressel: 82.6% of games won. 55.6% in bowl games. 1 NCG.

All stats taken from current or most recent schools coached at.

So, with only one of the other great coaches mentioned having a better winning percentage than Tressel I'm interested to see you back your claim statistically that Tressel is "holding us back."

EDIT: I love how we lose one game and everyone seems to go on a witch hunt. Happens every year. Have you ever thought that we, as fans, set unrealistic goals for both players and coaches?

EDIT: I love how we lose one game and everyone seems to go on a witch hunt. Happens every year. Have you ever thought that we, as fans, set unrealistic goals for both players and coaches?

Nope, not even a little. As a fan, NEVER apologize for having high expectations for your team, especially when we're talking about THE Ohio State University Buckeyes. That being said, I'm one of the people that always expects undefeated/national championship seasons, but I've got no problem with Tressel. He's a great coach, and a great person. Are there some areas we could improve upon? Sure. Were there times during the game where we STILL (despite everything else) looked like the number 1 team in the nation? I'd venture to say so. Aside from those times we got physically out-played, and it really seemed like Wisconsin just wanted it more. I want Tressel to stay as long as we keep winning games and beating the snot out of tSUN.

Nope, not even a little. As a fan, NEVER apologize for having high expectations for your team, especially when we're talking about THE Ohio State University Buckeyes. That being said, I'm one of the people that always expects undefeated/national championship seasons, but I've got no problem with Tressel. He's a great coach, and a great person. Are there some areas we could improve upon? Sure. Were there times during the game where we STILL (despite everything else) looked like the number 1 team in the nation? I'd venture to say so. Aside from those times we got physically out-played, and it really seemed like Wisconsin just wanted it more. I want Tressel to stay as long as we keep winning games and beating the snot out of tSUN.

I never said appologize. I merely pointed out that some people can't see any other view than the one from their own shoes. I.E. a fan sitting on a couch in a suburb of Columbus that has never had any affiliation with the team, or possibly the school.

I always expect undefeated seasons also but I'm a realist and know that we could lose at any time. It's sports. Nothing is guaranteed. Why are the coaches and players, who are mainly just kids, at fault because we want "us" to have a NCG?

Be a fan, but be logical. It's that simple.

Are you a real fan if you dont expect to win a national championship with a team thats ranked in the top 10 every damn year? Tressel is one of the bests coaches out there so there is no reason to get rid of him. He just needs a slight adjustment during adverse situations.

Tressel is one of the bests coaches out there so there is no reason to get rid of him. He just needs a slight adjustment during adverse situations.

This and...

Tressel is one of the bests coaches out there so there is no reason to get rid of him. He just needs a slight adjustment in coordinator positions.

This.