Any 1+ acre communities by Easton or....

Got-Boost?

if you want something like this,

plan on spending 450+. new albany or blacklick would be the only options i can thing of. unless westerville would work for you.

I really don't know much about the area or market in Columbus. How is New Albany/Johnstown/Alexandria and what are the benefits? How are the schools? How is HWY-161 and 62 for traffic (during the winter)?

Blacklick appears to be right under the finals for the runways so I'd rather not live that close to the airport traffic/noise.

I really don't know much about the area or market in Columbus. How is New Albany/Johnstown/Alexandria and what are the benefits? How are the schools? How is HWY-161 and 62 for traffic (during the winter)?

Blacklick appears to be right under the finals for the runways so I'd rather not live that close to the airport traffic/noise.

air traffic sound isnt bad in blacklick...parts of gahanna though, yes. my parents had a house on the SE side of gahanna, and when my grandma was in once, thought there was thunder, and we had no clue what she was talking about, then realized it was an airplane, and we just never noticed it anymore

but blacklick is a few miles more east...i lived basically due east of my parents house at an apartment in blacklick, and didnt hear a plane once, even though i could see them coming and going

Blacklick is a nice little place with lots of housing for sale right now and they're constantly building out that way.

Lots of younger/ new families are starting to move in over there.

The plane noise wasn't an issue while I was living in Blacklick either. You could look up and see them all the time but could rarely hear them.

The school district I'm not very fond of. (Licking Heights)

There is some crime in the area. I personally had my car broken into and a number of my neighbors had their cars and or garages broken into as well.

Real quick...........NO

Why's that?

I live in a neighborhood where everyone has 1.5 - 2 acre lots. It's in Powell instead of the area he is looking (and 35 minutes from CMH), but there are other areas like this in town. We looked at a place in Galena with a similar setup, as well as an area off of Polaris Parkway that has 1+ acres lots as well.

Why's that?

I live in a neighborhood where everyone has 1.5 - 2 acre lots. It's in Powell instead of the area he is looking (and 35 minutes from CMH), but there are other areas like this in town. We looked at a place in Galena with a similar setup, as well as an area off of Polaris Parkway that has 1+ acres lots as well.

lol. you have no idea what your talking about then. You're saying that its possible, yet you don't live in that part of town, nor have you looked in that part of town lol.

The only 1acre communites around gahanna are in blacklick and they are, jefferson country club, stepping stone, windrush, colts neck, just to name a few.

good luck.

land can be had for fairly cheap in Marengo, and we are about 30 min's from Polaris.

come to think of it, on a good day, it takes me about 35 min's to get to work and I work by Easton.

Edited by smokin5s

lol. you have no idea what your talking about then. You're saying that its possible, yet you don't live in that part of town, nor have you looked in that part of town lol.

The only 1acre communites around gahanna are in blacklick and they are, jefferson country club, stepping stone, windrush, colts neck, just to name a few.

good luck.

What makes you assume I was suggesting Blacklick or Gahanna? I don't recall mentioning either of those, nor did the OP. All my suggestions were north...where the growth is.

Why's that?

Could you give some neighborhood names or a local search function? Most of the real-estate sites I've googled aren't that great...

good luck.

Any others you recommend?

I was hoping to keep a 30-min drive but if I can get a lot more for a few more minutes it would be worth the look. I drive 33-miles 1-way now and average about 32-minutes so I didn't want to go much longer than that if I didn't have to. I've got coworkers that have driven an hour for 20-years+, screw that...

how much are you looking to spend? ballpark-ish.

I have a good budget, I just don't want to spend more than I have to.

Joe and I live up near Powell. Like he said, 1-2 acre lots. And we sure as hell didn't pay $450K... :eek:

Pics? Link to neighborhood website or anything?

Are those HUD homes only?

Yup, but not all of them are terrible in condition.

We almost put an offer on a hud house that was built 2 years ago in blacklick that was in great condition.

- it needed interior painting and carpet

The drive to work was too far - otherwise it would have been a great deal!

The house ended up going into contract the next day for 110k even though it originally was purchased for 230k 2 years ago.

We ended up buying a hud house that was listed wrong (listed as columbus schools but really in Westerville schools) and turned it into the house we wanted by updating everything.

all of our leads were from the hud site (nhmsi) it updates every week in the first hour of friday.