Any 1+ acre communities by Easton or....

Got-Boost?

Yup, but not all of them are terrible in condition.

We almost put an offer on a hud house that was built 2 years ago in blacklick that was in great condition.

- it needed interior painting and carpet

The drive to work was too far - otherwise it would have been a great deal!

The house ended up going into contract the next day for 110k even though it originally was purchased for 230k 2 years ago.

We ended up buying a hud house that was listed wrong (listed as columbus schools but really in Westerville schools) and turned it into the house we wanted by updating everything.

all of our leads were from the hud site (nhmsi) it updates every week in the first hour of friday.

Sounds like you may live near me...im columvus everything but just on the vey tip of the westerville school district right near easton.

Any others you recommend?

We looked at a house in this neighborhood, where this house is located:

http://her.realliving.com/Property/Details.aspx?PropID=15812215

Nice, wooded lots, very good access to everything. We just weren't a fan of the homes in our budget in this neighborhood at the time, but obviously selections are different than they were 1.5 years ago.

We drove through this neighborhood - didn't look at anything as it was too pricey for us, but was a very nice area:

http://her.realliving.com/Property/Details.aspx?PropID=14739264

My wife and I are friends with a couple in this neighborhood (this house I am linking is by far one of the least expensive houses there...many are 1 million+). The area is uber sweet and will only keep going up in value:

Edit: For some reason this one won't link, but just search MLS: 210003909

The house directly next to mine will likely be on the market in the next few weeks. Was a forclosed home that has sat empty for 3+ years, but whoever bought it has been working on it for months, and has done some really good work outside. I mostly have seen them inside, so I am guessing they have been doing a lot of correction work to get it restored back to its former glory. 4 bed, 5.5 bath, 1.9 acres, 5000 sq/ft ranch, I am guessing they will be asking somewhere in the 600's. No other houses in my neighborhood are for sale...they usually don't stay on the market long when they are. NW Powell area.

Knowing your general budget would help a lot. If it is 200k, you are going to be shit out of luck. If 800k+, there are a LOT of houses on the market that would fit your exact needs. I am guessing you are somewhere in between those numbers.

my parents house is for sale. $1.2m I think is what its listed at. 8-10 acres from what i remember. They are 30 mins from the airport and in Powell.

Is it this house?

http://her.realliving.com/Property/Details.aspx?PropID=16260725

Only one is Powell even close to your description. Sweet house!

Nice, wooded lots, very good access to everything. We just weren't a fan of the homes in our budget in this neighborhood at the time, but obviously selections are different than they were 1.5 years ago.

We drove through this neighborhood - didn't look at anything as it was too pricey for us, but was a very nice area:

My wife and I are friends with a couple in this neighborhood (this house I am linking is by far one of the least expensive houses there...many are 1 million+). The area is uber sweet and will only keep going up in value:

The house directly next to mine will likely be on the market in the next few weeks. Was a forclosed home that has sat empty for 3+ years, but whoever bought it has been working on it for months, and has done some really good work outside. I mostly have seen them inside, so I am guessing they have been doing a lot of correction work to get it restored back to its former glory. 4 bed, 5.5 bath, 1.9 acres, 5000 sq/ft ranch, I am guessing they will be asking somewhere in the 600's. No other houses in my neighborhood are for sale...they usually don't stay on the market long when they are. NW Powell area.

Knowing your general budget would help a lot. If it is 200k, you are going to be shit out of luck. If 800k+, there are a LOT of houses on the market that would fit your exact needs. I am guessing you are somewhere in between those numbers.

Thank you for that info, it is very helpful.

I'm not a fan of the houses you posted but that is the type of property/acreage we would be looking for . I would like something a lot newer so we may just end up buying some land and building the home we want. Not to mention I would want to have room for a shop/separate garage for my toys.

:thumbup:

Thank you for that info, it is very helpful.

I'm not a fan of the houses you posted but that is the type of property/acreage we would be looking for . I would like something a lot newer so we may just end up buying some land and building the home we want. Not to mention I would want to have room for a shop/separate garage for my toys.

:thumbup:

I just picked random houses in those neighborhoods...I didn't even look to see if the house was any good. We looked at homes of all ages, and ended up going newer. Of course if you want just land + house, that's a whole other ball game, as I was only looking at land inside of neighborhoods. Just random land + house has a lot more to choose from.

In Powell yes, but if he stays with the "Within 30 minutes of CMH" I know of a place for sale with 30+ Acres, 2200 sq ft house for less than 195k

I just picked random houses in those neighborhoods...I didn't even look to see if the house was any good. We looked at homes of all ages, and ended up going newer. Of course if you want just land + house, that's a whole other ball game, as I was only looking at land inside of neighborhoods. Just random land + house has a lot more to choose from.

I prefer it to be in a neighborhood with some zoning and restrictions because I don't want neighbors with crap/junk laying around. Not to mention I don't want someone building a chicken farm or some other garbage close by. Next time we are in town, I'll spend some time driving through those areas and have a closer look.

i live in pataskala and its a 30min drive from columbus and you can get a very nice house for sub 250k. Not an acre maybe 1/2 acre though.

Like i live in Etna township and im 1 minute from 70. it took me 33 mins to get to bethel rd to go to micro center last night.

If it is 200k, you are going to be shit out of luck.

Not necessarily. I bought my house in 2002 for $214K. Granted, it's worth way more than that now, but you can find ones similar to mine, in our area, for $250K or so. However, if you were talking about $200K being your absolute limit, then you won't find much. But in the $200K's, there are some out there... :nod:

In Powell yes, but if he stays with the "Within 30 minutes of CMH" I know of a place for sale with 30+ Acres, 2200 sq ft house for less than 195k

In the country - yes.

In a large-lot neighborhood - no. Well, excluding homes that are in questionable neighborhoods, it is slim pickings at the 200k price point.

Not necessarily. I bought my house in 2002 for $214K. Granted, it's worth way more than that now, but you can find ones similar to mine, in our area, for $250K or so. However, if you were talking about $200K being your absolute limit, then you won't find much. But in the $200K's, there are some out there... :nod:

Yep, I've seen a number of houses in the country for that around us in the 200's...a few are pretty nice too.

I've got right at 1/2 acre now so I'd rather have close to 5 when I get serious to buy land. I'm willing to spend a bit more than that just want to find a great area with great schools and future development... :cool:

powell is your answer. Its the new dublin. The schools are better than dublin too.