Fallout new vegas PC users

87GT

I found an awesome mod for adding a suppressed m4 to the game. I haven't tried it out yet but I will when I get some free time. Check it out over here

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35095

here is a FAQ on how to run custom mods

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/249603-faqs/

Have fun ;)

que

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/249603-faqs/

What's this ArchiveInvalidation file I'm hearing about?

This file is a list of textures, meshes, sounds that override the originals from the .bsa files. It's a text file that resides in the installation directory (see above), you have to manually create this file each time you add or remove textures, etc.

That said, there is an easier way. The ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa technique does work. You just have to manually add it.

Steps:

ETC ETC its in the faq

fuck your mods

ok, so how do I make a shitload of caps? I thought 4,000 was a lot until I made it to the gun shops

hoard. like. a. motherfucker.

my style of gameplay is stealth/survivalist/long range combat with med armor and TONS of weapon choices. i usually carry no fewer than 10-15 weapons with me. i carry very little armor and try to use what i find to keep healthy. i almost never use player housing.

to get caps you have to keep an idea of what items have a good weight/value ratio. for instance, pre-war money has 0 weight and is worth a good number of caps, making it invaluable for traders like me. isolate what kind of weapons you use, so if there is a valuable weapon that you don't use (such as plasma rifle if you have a low energy weapons stat) you can sell it for mucho caps.

Yeah, I should probably be picking up more crap along the way but seems like I never have enough room. I finally dumped off most of my weapons (I use almost only the cowboy repeater). I'd really like some armor better than the reinforced leather armor, so if there are any suggestions I'd love to hear it. I haven't come close to power armor training yet.

You know in goodsprings you can use victor's shack as a house? I hoard like a mfer and put it in the desk in that room. It stays there never lost anything. Just save it there and take it to random traders and sell. Plus there is a bed to sleep.

Edit oh and get ED-E as your companion. He can hold 180 weight. Be careful I found some NCR uniform on a dead guy and gave it to him. He gave an error that said he couldn't wear it and I lost it. Just had to reload a save.

I've been using ED-E but I think I'm not too far off from getting Rex. If you try to give ED-E certain clothing he'll drop it on the ground, I was able to pick it back up.

As for houses, I have gotten the owned houses in Novac, Lucky 38, and The Tops. I've really only been using the one in Novac, and even then its been rare. If I can get my lockpick up a bit higher I'm going to head into Vault 34 I think it is and swipe all the gun loot I can.

i'm using combat armor, sunglasses, the beret that Boone gives you when you complete his quest and have recon armor as my light armor/sneak backup.

i've been using Veronica and ED-E as my followers; veronica's power fist attacks are awesome

Boone and Rex > your shit. Mostly because Rex is fuckign psycho and will just run through a building killing shit before you know what has happened.

Boone and Rex > your shit. Mostly because Rex is fuckign psycho and will just run through a building killing shit before you know what has happened.

i don't doubt it, i just prefer to do missions myself. also, with boone i can't pal around with the Legion