Speedway Gas Sucks

Wease

just a heads up, kroger doesnt have there own gas, we get whatever is cheaper, which most of the time is BP.

Out of curiosity, may I ask how you know this? By Kroger, I'm assuming you mean Turkey Hill? I ask because I was thinking of starting to use Turkey Hilll (Kroger) gas in the Legacy since it's on the Top Tier Gas site and I'd get fuel perks. But if they get their gas from BP, I won't make the switch. I've heard way too many bad stories about BP gas to ignore.

Thanks.

In my Focus (and only in my Focus) Speedway gas causes a check engine light to come on. If I switch to Shell, it goes away within a couple of tanks. I have no idea why. The dealer told me the check engine light was due to the vent canister, but it is consistent with using Speedway gas. It's weird.

Interesting. I've found that in the winter I lose gas milage due to wind,the tires taking longer to warm up, and letting the car itself warm up before I drive it. I use speedway in my daily drivers but only shell in the ta. I used to use sonoco as well but they dropped the octane so I dont see a point.

Car got great mileage on drive to OU and back after topping a quarter tank of kroger with bp 93. However, on the way back I think I may have had some sort of detonation as the motor just stumpled and I got a pull over immediately message. Was fine upon restarting. I never use BP gas so..?

It looks like I have only filled up twice at Speedway this year. My first tank was about above my average mpg for the summer. The 2nd is my current fill-up.

Since I started tracking in May of this year, I have been getting the best gas mileage with Sunoco or Marathon.

High with a tank of Marathon was 56.91 mpg

High with Sunoco was 55.81 mpg

Overall average since may is 47.62 mpg.

Speedway gas IS Marathon gas! Lol.

Up where I live (bluffton) we have a marathon intown in which used to be a speedway. Anyway there has been atleast 6 people I know of that have gotten gas from there and there cars endeded up in the repair shop for a week or two with a couple thousand dollars worth of damage but the guy who owns the gas station claims it isn't the gas. He quotes ( I only get the good stuff) lol so now really all the people that go there now are out of towners. Lol.