Ricart Ford Service Department

Sully

I'm steaming mad right now. They replaced the window motor and track assembly in my truck yesterday. In the process, they scratched the tint on the window. They are telling me they won't fix it because I can't prove that they did it. I'm currently waiting on a call from the service manager.

Any suggestions to get this resolved?

Being steaming mad will not help resolve the issue. Getting angry about it will make them want to tell you to fuck off.

Stating that you brought it to them cause you thought it could be taken care of properly and pleading a reasonable case will have better results. (Just my two cents)

similar thing happened at ntb once... guy didnt tell us his drivers window falls, and we always crack the drivers window so keys dont lock inside, it fell, scraped tint, I said too bad, he complained to corporate, we replaced his window tint for free. in the end it cost me $35 to have one window done, from a customer service standpoint, its not even worth fighting from their end.

be calm and persistent, you'll get it fixed i'm sure.

I had a local tire local tire place align my Jeep ( which they refused to do after it was on the rack and hooked up to the snesor) and when the guy rolled my window all the way down it wouldnt roll back up. So instead of leaving it down and letting me deal with it he decided it was smarter to grab it with needle nose pliers and pull up...... which resulted in a shattered window and they didnt pay for it or anything. I had to walk back in and ask why there was glass on my floor.

I had a local tire local tire place align my Jeep ( which they refused to do after it was on the rack and hooked up to the snesor) and when the guy rolled my window all the way down it wouldnt roll back up. So instead of leaving it down and letting me deal with it he decided it was smarter to grab it with needle nose pliers and pull up...... which resulted in a shattered window and they didnt pay for it or anything. I had to walk back in and ask why there was glass on my floor.

I would be livid.

Cindy is the service manager. She should be able to handle any issue your having.

no shes not, she is just a writer. dan is the service manager.

Tell them you'll give them a terrible customer service report about your experience. Dealerships seem to put a lot of emphasis on these reports and keeping them positive.

lol thats the last thing they have to worry about right now.

The VW dealer by the airport (the name escapes me) did a recall on my car, took about a day. When i come by later that evening to pick it up my passenger side mirror is hanging by a wire....literally dangling on the side of the car. So i go back inside to tell them about it and the service advisor had the balls to say "ok, wait while i check the paperwork to make sure it wasnt like that before you brought it in..." I said "I'll save you the time, no it wasnt like that before I brought it in".

I was pissed but didnt get too irrate with the advisor, afterall i knew i would have to talk to the service manager anyway. they fixed it in a day or so.

i took my ranger to a ford dealership on morse to get bearings done or something...when they pulled it out of the garage, there was a huge scratch/scuff mark down the side of the door...i was livid...they had scraped it along one of the yellow poles they have in their garage...

we got them to buff it out for free....