The New addition...

RC K9

i've heard a lot of bad stuff about the new ones, my buddy just got a new kimber and only had a few hundred rounds threw it before it destroyed itself and he had to send it back.

Great.

I am hoping to put some more rounds through it this weekend. Once I get to 400, if I can't put a clip through it without jamming, I have a problem and I am going to be PISSED.

I do need to put more rounds through it though. I put 200 through and had at least 1 jam EVERY clip. Probably try to put another 200-300 through it this weekend. I cant be having jams if it's going to be my primary.

my gun did this exactly. put more rounds down the tube and don't limp wrist it.

The feed angle on my gun (3" barrell) with hollow points was causing a lot of jams. Found out it was how I was holding the gun. Now I rarely ever get a jam. Both with factory mags and the WC ones I have too.

my gun did this exactly. put more rounds down the tube and don't limp wrist it.

The feed angle on my gun (3" barrell) with hollow points was causing a lot of jams. Found out it was how I was holding the gun. Now I rarely ever get a jam. Both with factory mags and the WC ones I have too.

I don't limp wrist it and FMJ and HP's don't make a difference. I was playing around with it last night and I would throw a mag in, pull back the slide and release it to feed one into the chamber and it would jam the 1st one 8 out of 10 times. It would just get jammed being fed, then I would cycle through 9 rounds once I got it to take one and then it would jam on the 3rd or so.

I have been thinking about getting one but I dont know if I wanna pay a grand for a gun that jams if you dont hold it right. Or am I reading all this wrong?

1911 for me was just because they are beautiful pieces of artwork...but if you want a reliable gun you don't need to spend $200 in ammo to break in...get a glock.

I have been thinking about getting one but I dont know if I wanna pay a grand for a gun that jams if you dont hold it right. Or am I reading all this wrong?

If I were to spend $1000 on a gun, it wouldn't be a Kimber. They look pretty on the outside, but they are truly MIM-filled pieces of shit.