Freight Train Schedule?

zeitgeist57

Not sure if you knew, but there is a pedestrian bridge over some railroad tracks at Ridgeview Middle School, right here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=&sll=40.045041,-83.042098&sspn=0.003002,0.005665&g=Columbus,+Ohio+43220&ie=UTF8&ll=40.045041,-83.042098&spn=0.003002,0.005665&t=h&z=18

Used to play baseball there when I was real young, and we would all run over to it when the trains were coming.

lol, you could have just pm'ed me. No, there is no schedule. I mean, some jobs start at certain times plus or minus an hour, but every night was a different adventure as far as getting the train built before leaving the yard, waiting on other trains to leave first, etc..

lol, you could have just pm'ed me. No, there is no schedule. I mean, some jobs start at certain times plus or minus an hour, but every night was a different adventure as far as getting the train built before leaving the yard, waiting on other trains to leave first, etc..

I thought you were out of the train biz for good. brotatoe. :)

I figured it wasn't like light passenger, where you can see schedules. But, I didn't know...so I was asking...

Go to the track that parallels rt23 by lewis center.you'll see a train every give to ten minutes.

i live about 400 yards from those tracks. also, further to the west by liberty road theres another set that runs up into marion. i can hear both sets from where i live. i did the math last night and fingered out that it takes 16 seconds for the trains sound to travel to me. pretty neat.

Bring them to my place and they can watch one every 10 minutes or less from my window.

Yeah, those dashed lines are tracks.

My mom owns (or did own) a rental property right around that area. It can't be much more than a rock-throw away from your location. I think it had blue/gray siding and was on the west side of the street. Big wooden porch on the front of it.

Edit - Nvm. It's somewhere around Corwin st.