Jailbreak

Rgreen

There are no unlimited plans, there never was. The old unlimited had a 5GB cap.

What are you talking about, I stream NFL games, and today I watched CNN on the phone for 3 hrs (rally to restore sanity)

I have had to hit 5GB and never been been cut off or charged more.

Pro: AT&T is the only network to offer a truly unlimited data plan for the iPhone as most carriers cap their so-called unlimited plans at 5GB of data per month. In fact, AT&T imposes a 5GB cap on its other data plans including its Laptop Connect and Blackberry tethering plans.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/197992/atandts_new_iphone_data_plans_pros_and_cons.html

Edited by Benjamin

What are you talking about, I stream NFL games, and today I watched CNN on the phone for 3 hrs (rally to restore sanity)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/197992/atandts_new_iphone_data_plans_pros_and_cons.html

They've dinged my wife twice and me once. Tell them to read that article and refund me then.

I don't think you have an iPhone unlimited plan. Did you switch from a Blackberry or another smartphone to an iPhone?

Nope, been an unlimited iPhone plan since the early 2G days. They've been an unlimited corp sponsored account on top of that.

My plan was switched over to a corp blackberry plan recently which is unlimited. I've gone over the cap and they tried to bill me more but the company squelched that quickly.

Either way, even on many of the "unlimited" iPhone plans, they still ding people for overages above 5gb. Google it and look on the AT&T support forums, there are loads of complaints about it.

I was on AT&T support forums and didn't see any. If you switched to a blackberry plan it is capped at 5GB, I am guessing if you switched back now you keep the blackberry plan. I have never had any phone but an iPhone with AT&T.

I just looked at my bill, $30 for my plan. It says "Unlimited" I have used more than 5GB. This is the only time of year I use a lot of data, because I watch NFL sunday ticket on my iPhone when I travel on Sundays.

The AT&T my wireless app will tell you your data usage

Edit: I use my iphone's 3G data connection VERY heavily. Email, Internet, streaming video, teathering, etc and I've never come close to 6GB usage in 1 month.

Edited by JaSSon

Jeesh guys, why go to all the trouble to bootleg MyWi when the NEW PDAnet is free and now has wifi hot spot. Btw, Rob. Turn your WiFi on and keep it on!

PS, Are you Rob Green? Did you used to work for Pitney Bowes?

Ya I'm rob green never worked at that place

I was on AT&T support forums and didn't see any. If you switched to a blackberry plan it is capped at 5GB, I am guessing if you switched back now you keep the blackberry plan. I have never had any phone but an iPhone with AT&T.

I just looked at my bill, $30 for my plan. It says "Unlimited" I have used more than 5GB. This is the only time of year I use a lot of data, because I watch NFL sunday ticket on my iPhone when I travel on Sundays.

I was on the iPhone plan before the BB plan. They both said "unlimited" and we were dinged multiple times. I switched to a BB plan after I ditched the iPhone, my wife still has her iPhone and Unlimited plan.