Maurice Clarett

Benny

His problem was that he was focused on "millions of dollars" Many if not most in that situation do. Focus on the rest, the important stuff, do your best, and money will follow. I see it everyday in the sales people I work with too. Misplaced focus. He focused on himself and forgot that nothing comes without team work. Even the way they noted he used to sign his autographs. All about me is how he was. Hopefully for himself and those around him, he lives up to what he now says his beliefs are.

I strongly believe Jim Brown poorly misguided him.

+1

he got all kinds of bad advice. being exposed to other pro athletes like lebron did not help. he wanted what they had, and was extremely inpatient, like most 18 year olds are.

when it comes down to it, bad advice or good advice---stealing, mugging, and threatening people with guns is your own choice, and we treat adults as adults---which means you go to prison. to think if he would have stayed all 4 years in college what that would have meant to osu, as well as maurice. truly sad, when you go back and look at how awesome that season really was--i was in my fourth year of grad school at osu, went to just about all the home games, it was incredible. he'll never get that back.

im no professional, but he looks and acts like a changed man. seems like he's been humbled. but like said before, only time will tell.

I agree. I heard him blame no one else but himself, which you often do not, not matter how hard they try to sound that way.

He almost sounds embarrassed.

I think its good he went to jail young. It takes a certain kind of crazy to be able to do the things he did. From a mental standpoint there was something missing that he hopefully found out how to control in prison.

I strongly feel if he would have went to school for 3 years then went pro he would have been another Ray Carruth. This may have saved him before he had enough money to really show how crazy he was.

I think its good he went to jail young. It takes a certain kind of crazy to be able to do the things he did. From a mental standpoint there was something missing that he hopefully found out how to control in prison.

I strongly feel if he would have went to school for 3 years then went pro he would have been another Ray Carruth. This may have saved him before he had enough money to really show how crazy he was.

I waas locked up in Charlotte while Carruth was waiting on trial. He had his own 40 man pod to himself. We would see him at feedings and when he was let out to the yard. What a fucking moron he was.