Be careful with nitrous

Cordell

So I drove up to the track today with my 2 nitrous bottles in the trunk of the Camaro. After I get there and go to get them out of the trunk, I pick up the first one and catch the handle on the t-top holder and it cracks the bottle open. It shoots nitrous right at the cuff of my jacket and burns my arm. Keep in mind it only cracked the bottle and got me for half a second, I'm just glad it wasn't worse. It was bubbled up about 1/4 inch filled with puss, so I cut off the skin and washed it with peroxide.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/ND2RACE/CIMG0328.jpg

Still wet with peroxide.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/ND2RACE/CIMG0329.jpg

I was standing right next to Scott when that thing went off. It was pointed right at my face but luckily I wasnt close enough to get hit by it. It didnt look bad that morning at all. Amazing how that bubbled up throughout the day! Glad your okay Scott.

I was standing right next to Scott when that thing went off. It was pointed right at my face but luckily I wasnt close enough to get hit by it. It didnt look bad that morning at all. Amazing how that bubbled up throughout the day! Glad your okay Scott.

Yeah it really isn't as bad as it looks, I'm even happier it didn't get you.

and my bathroom is connected to the laundry room, we can never see the floor.

I've had to work with liquid nitrogen on a daily basis at one point. Cold burns are far worse imo than a heat burn. However, you shouldn't remove the skin. The fluid will be absorbed by the body and the skin can continue to protect the wound from infection. In the longrun, it'll heal faster with less scarring and pain. Glad it was only your hand and that you didn't have absorbent gloves on. Trust me when I say it's way worse when it gets on any clothing you're wearing.

I got one like that on the back of my hand and wrist on Monday...my boss was changing propane tanks on the forklift and messed up the fittings. It was spraying liquid propane everywhere...I thought Kevlar gloves would be insulation enough to allow me to stick my hand in long enough to turn the valve off. Wrong.

Don't pop burn or freeze blisters...your body forms those for a REASON, it protects the flesh under the dead skin from damage while the new skin forms. Plus you really up your chances of infection if you remove that protection too.