Stupid Theives

Nitrousbird

Me a a few buddies went quadding at Wayne yesterday. All 4 of us went it my truck, and loaded up the bed with all the usual stuff (tools, gas can's, extra jackets, etc.).

We parked in an area with a good chunck of vehicles. As we got back at the end of the day, we pull up and a guy says we need to check my truck, as someone has been going around stealing gas cans. Mind you, I have my tailgate locked with my bed covers on, so you can't just get in without breaking in. But my tailgate was open when I looked over at the truck. :(

They ended up doing something to the locking mechanisim that I will have to f' with later today (I have to now break into it to open my tailgate). They stole an old container of pre-mix with about a 1/2 gallon in it, a 5 gallon container with about 2 gallons of gas in it (container was a super leaky POS), a quart of 2-stroke injector oil, and a few Harbor Freight tools, valued at about $30 new. They didn't take the empty gas can though, so they really just wanted the fuel.

Seriously, who the fuck runs around stealing gas like that? Honestly, they could have stole my bed covers and sold them for more than what everything else they stole from everyone in that lot was worth combined.

Thank god they didn't breaking into the cab of the truck...that's where anything of value was located. Or they could have stolen my trailer! Could have been worse, and at least we had no mechanical issues at all for the whole day. :)

Go back again and create a setup situation where you can hide and watch. Then when you see them breaking in run up on them with two .45's pointed at them and tell them to hit the decks. Then call the cops.

i think this is against the law isnt it?

although i do like the idea.:D

OP, sorry to hear about your truck. do you suppose insurance will pay for it?

Go back again and create a setup situation where you can hide and watch. Then when you see them breaking in run up on them with two .45's pointed at them and tell them to hit the decks. Then call the cops.

+1 and VIDEO it!

i think this is against the law isnt it?

although i do like the idea.:D

How do you figure? You just happen to be walking up when they broke in. Whose to say anything else happend?

I take it u fixed ur raptor?

Not yet. I took my wife's quad, which was actually far more fun than I imagined it would be. That 250cc 2-stroke was able to keep up alright, even though it was far outclassed by the 450R Honda and the Honda TRX 700 (I want that quad). Of course it wasn't nearly good enough in the straights - not a big problem on trails though. :)

$250 deductable - I know it won't cost nearly that to fix it myself. I just need to take it apart and see what it damaged. Luckily they didn't do any body damage.