droid guys - new update?

evan9381

So, with as pissed as i was after the bloatware they lumped into 2.2, im checking before i DL this new update...just got notification of a new update, and it says it includes more vcast apps, slacker (i assume radio, but it doesnt say), and "many other improvements"...lol. wasnt to thrilled last time. had a couple things i liked but only a couple

So, go for it or pass?

Edited by evan9381

I am afraid to root mine because it voids the warrenty. Currently about once a week my Incedible looses the ability of the internet and I must restart the phone. I was thinking of bringing it in under warranty (only 2 months old).

Is this update worth doing?

I updated to froyo, at first I did have some of the issues people talk about on android central, but they seem to have went away mostly. Sometimes (once per week) I cannot use my dial pad to enter extensions when calling my office, but that could be my companies problem because are system sucks bad and it wouldn't surprise me.

I also recently stopped using any type of task killer and have noticed no difference in operation other than stuff runs better. Battery life is probably actually better.

if i knew what i was doing with all that stuff, how to go back to a stock running system if i ever wanted to, etc, i would have rooted it a while ago. but when i start reading threads about doing this and that, i have no clue what im reading, and it just confuses the shit out of me

all i want is to get rid of the apps VZW put on it i dont want/need, and if i could get better battery life, that'd be great. other than that, i dont do all the tech-y stuff that having a rooted phone vs non-rooted would benefit me

I updated to froyo, at first I did have some of the issues people talk about on android central, but they seem to have went away mostly. Sometimes (once per week) I cannot use my dial pad to enter extensions when calling my office, but that could be my companies problem because are system sucks bad and it wouldn't surprise me.

I also recently stopped using any type of task killer and have noticed no difference in operation other than stuff runs better. Battery life is probably actually better.

Yes using a task killer is pointless. Here is some more info on it. And for the lazy fucks there is cliff notes at the bottom.

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

Yes using a task killer is pointless. Here is some more info on it. And for the lazy fucks there is cliff notes at the bottom.

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/

Yes, it's like everyone on verizon who has an android phone has a task killer on it because the idiots that work there told people to put it on there, I've heard that from multiple people. I'll tell them to take it off but ofcourse what do I know, I don't work at verizon :rolleyes:

Yeah last time I went in there for a repair they said "OMGZ LETS PUT ON TASK KILLER". I told them no and they kept telling me it would help out in the long run. I said "what part of No don't you understand?". They looked at me weird. :/

Android devices are easy to return to factory settings. Most are just Menu- Settings-Privacy- Wipe data. Your Gmail account backs up your contacts and apps. Task Killers were pretty much needed in 2.1 but are detrimental to 2.2 as android does it for you.

For all those who haven't rooted.......wait are you waiting for? Rom Manager is a great app to assist with backing up, restoring , and trying different roms.