Mac people

jeffro

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_zt1IrYTCrOo/TOBreUO0X8I/AAAAAAAABIo/7Vv-rvxluuU/1289775859427.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_zt1IrYTCrOo/TOBr4YoXs0I/AAAAAAAABIw/r2TqR9I0ye0/s1024/1280011223027.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zt1IrYTCrOo/TOBr4XphBhI/AAAAAAAABI0/Ioia1fHZ7RM/1281584583725.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_zt1IrYTCrOo/TOBr43rB10I/AAAAAAAABI4/of0-IKEc6No/1288667431779.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing you've never actually used a mac for more than 5 minutes as well.

Beyond the build quality of the laptop, the operating system is so much nicer, faster, and non-virus prone.

I'd love to have another mac.

Plus it ran windows devices better than windows did. No need to install a driver for every single device.

Beyond the build quality of the laptop, the operating system is so much nicer, faster, and non-virus prone.

- Build quality depends on the laptop. Yes, the quality is better than bargin-basement laptops, but not better than any higher end laptop from any maker.

- Snow Leopard sucks ass. Period. I have spent more than 5 minutes with it, and hated every minute of it. Only thing it is good for is to Boot Camp into Windows 7.

- More and more viruses are being written for the OSx now that it has become more popular. It isn't less prone...it is a numbers game, and why write a virus for an OS no one uses? Now that there are more users, the number of viruses for it will continue to grow.

- Build quality depends on the laptop. Yes, the quality is better than bargin-basement laptops, but not better than any higher end laptop from any maker.

- Snow Leopard sucks ass. Period. I have spent more than 5 minutes with it, and hated every minute of it. Only thing it is good for is to Boot Camp into Windows 7.

- More and more viruses are being written for the OSx now that it has become more popular. It isn't less prone...it is a numbers game, and why write a virus for an OS no one uses? Now that there are more users, the number of viruses for it will continue to grow.

exactly

people like you talk crap about MAC as you buy yourself a new Dell each year because it runs like garbage. Have you ever wondered why does it take a PC 5 mins to start up and it only takes a mac 20 secs? I guess it just because they are junk? I have an IMAC proabably best computer I have owned, also Ipad, Mac Book, and the wife and I have I phones so I guess we prefer MAC lol

people like you talk crap about MAC as you buy yourself a new Dell each year because it runs like garbage.

I have a 10 year old Dell. Still runs great, boots fast, and has never given me 1 prob. They're like cars Proper upgrades and maintenance and they can work fine.

Steve Jobs watches you sleep.

They're like cars Proper upgrades and maintenance and they can work fine.

This. My newest PC is my Dell laptop (~5 yrs old) and it boots/runs great (possibly faster than my dual-core machine at work). It's all in keeping it free of spyware and BS.

people like you talk crap about MAC as you buy yourself a new Dell each year because it runs like garbage. Have you ever wondered why does it take a PC 5 mins to start up and it only takes a mac 20 secs? I guess it just because they are junk? I have an IMAC proabably best computer I have owned, also Ipad, Mac Book, and the wife and I have I phones so I guess we prefer MAC lol

My PC takes nowhere near 5 mins to boot. Lemmings who don't know about PC's that buy dell loaded with crapware may, but those of us who know better run linux or streamlined copied of a windows OS that can boot as fast as a mac.

Other than that, I'm not in to the Mac/PC debate since they run similar hardware anymore now anyway.

- Snow Leopard sucks ass. Period. I have spent more than 5 minutes with it, and hated every minute of it.

ill argue the build quality still. had a Toshiba laptop that I spent 1300 on and still had multiple problems. screen had hazy spots within a year the paint had worn off the areas where u set ur wrists. 2 of the USB ports only worked half the time.

and not sure how ur saying snow leapard sucks. care to explain?

Granted there r some nice windows laptops out there but I've yet to run into one with the build quality, speed, graphics and abilities of my Mac I had all for under 1,500

You plan on using it for structural support? Only thing I've notice from having Mac's at work is that they are heavy as shit to move around.

What kind of mac are you using. Mine was light as shit. Yeah if your packing around the 17 inch model it's heaver but still. Even the 15 inch is still one of the lightest laptops in its class.