Mac people

jeffro

This is my desktop PC, according to my "system properties"

Intel Pentium 4 1600 MHz, 1.50 GHz, 512 MB of RAM, Windows XP 2002

I barely know what that shit means, but it has run flawless for the past 8 years. I have never had to replace or upgrade anything, and it isn't slow, despite having several programs, games, and thousands of mp3 files. Not including the monitor, I think I have about $100 invested into the entire build of the computer (it was 8 years ago so I can't remember exactly).

All the Macs I have used in the past were annoying hunks of garbage, but to be fair, I haven't had a significant amount of exposure to one for several years. From what I've seen their newer laptops are ok, but I can't understand why anyone would pay $3k for a MacBook Pro. Does the thing suck you off while you're using it? It's a fucking computer; why anyone would spend that much is beyond me.

8 years ago that computer would have costed you about 800$

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not into debates all that much ppl are too serious but i have had both a dell and a mac and the dell was so frustrating it almost wasnt even worth using and the mac is one of the better investments ive made very user friendly

I'm not into debates all that much. People are too serious. I have had both a Dell and a Mac and the Mac was so frustrating it almost wasn't even worth using. The Dell is one of the better investments I've made. It's very user friendly.

9 posts? Um...welcome?

Anyways, fixed with my own personal experience (and better grammar). Since my experience cancels yours out they're both void in this debate that you're not into all that much.

Carry on. :)

the whole mac vs PC argument is individually relative. I, having quite a bit of technical knowledge and experience, find PCs way better than macs. mostly because i can work on my own computer should something go wrong. on a mac, something goes wrong, you have to take it in for repair, or wait.

supporters of mac probably have little technical know how and pick the simplest route for them. visa versa with windows.

the whole mac vs PC argument is individually relative. I, having quite a bit of technical knowledge and experience, find PCs way better than macs. mostly because i can work on my own computer should something go wrong. on a mac, something goes wrong, you have to take it in for repair, or wait.

supporters of mac probably have little technical know how and pick the simplest route for them. visa versa with windows.

you would be amazed how wrong you are. ;)

I have built many PCs and have plenty of technical knowledge. I got tired of updating drivers, crashes, and reloading Windows once a year.

I got an imac when they first came out, and it lasted until I got my new mac mini about 3-4 years ago. The only reason I got the new one is because I wanted a new computer. I gave it to my little brother, and he still uses it. He has to play games on his laptop, but still uses it on the internet, because he says it runs faster. It's got to be 10 years old. My new computer the only "problem" I have ever had, was shmuckinghams sig, and the problem is it thinks for about 4 seconds.

I also have a nice laptop that I bought for hptuners, that has only been on the internet about 10 times, because it sucks so bad.

I have built many PCs and have plenty of technical knowledge. I got tired of updating drivers, crashes, and reloading Windows once a year.

Then you were doing something wrong. My install of Windows XP is ~7 years old and has been migrated via Sysprep through about 10 different machines without a single "fresh" install. It still runs 24/7 and rarely needs a manual reboot. So far, Windows 7 on my new rig has been doing quite well itself.

Personally, I have nothing against MACs but I prefer to easily be able to buy parts and software where ever instead of relying on an overpriced OEM.

Then you were doing something wrong. My install of Windows XP is ~7 years old and has been migrated via Sysprep through about 10 different machines without a single "fresh" install. It still runs 24/7 and rarely needs a manual reboot. So far, Windows 7 on my new rig has been doing quite well itself.

Personally, I have nothing against MACs but I prefer to easily be able to buy parts and software where ever instead of relying on an overpriced OEM.

It was Vista. Then I gave up.

in all honesty, i started this thread because i thought those images were funny. it then turned into a huge debate about whats better. fuck, if i had the cash to drop on a macbook i definitely would. macs are sweet. theres something appealing about them, just not the price.

Why such a low overclock for such a mean CPU? My 920 is running 4.2GHz stable on air, and took very little work to get there.

I would be more than happy to trade you CPU's. :)

I have a 965 too, but the main problem is this motherboard can't supply the voltage needed to crank this one up. Comparing the overclock on a 920 to a 980x is like comparing a moped to a race car. The 980x draws huge power from the socket and many boards just can't supply the juice.

It was Vista. Then I gave up.

So, you chastise non-mac users for not giving the MacOS a fair shot yet you tried vista (arguably one of the worst OS's ever) and gave up? Yeah, I think jeffro called it.

I've used windows at work and/or at home 3.1, 95, 98, Me, 2000, xp, Vista, and own 7 too.

I don't even know what Macintosh or apple I used in the early to mid 80s to learn Adding/Subtraction/Multiplying/Dividing tables, play games, make cards on a dot matrix printer.

I have way more experience with Windows than Mac, and I still prefer Mac. I have used PowerPC Macs, my wife had one of the first iMacs when she was still my girlfriend. The colorful CRT version. I would use CSCC dial up with it to get on the net with it.

Edited by Benjamin

LOL how did I miss this thread.

Im really more salty about how Apple brands it as a "lifestyle" but continues to sensor its app store, try to manipulate the market, and act like everything is "revolutionary". Hipsters and dbags have embraced this. Look on facebook. Im sure everyone has a few friends out there who consider themselves "srs bsns artists" just because they're armed with a DSLR Nikon and Aperture.

Not impressed.

• Upvote 1