A funny tale

Mc_spirited

So it was two Thursdays ago. I had ridden to work (with a few missing pieces of bodywork, no front signals and a bike covered in dirt and salt) and afterward I decided to go for a ride in the park. Got to the end and took the freeway back near my house and I was riding down Pearl Road (42) and i'm going probably 30 or 40 in the left lane (No turn lane in the middle) and this black SUV is honking its horn next to me. She rolls her window down and i think she said something, Obviously i couldn't really hear her above the wind noise, bike and helmet but I see she is waving what appears to be a business card. I can tell its a business card despite us both traveling at ~35 miles an hour. I had instantly became aware of exactly who this woman was, what the card said, and was overcome by surprise that she could be so unintelligent. I shook my head at her for a few seconds in a way that i hope said "NO! Are you really that stupid? Really? Are you that stupid?"

She rolls her window up feeling defeated and accelerates away. I just keep on down Pearl road towards Parma. I am making a left onto brookpark and I did not get the turn arrow first. She is sitting a car or two behind me on my right and she rolls her window down (after her traffic is clear) and yells out "Your bike sounds like SHIT!" In a very childish manner I may add. I am in shock at the moment. She turns into the bank on the corner and I get my left turn arrow.

This is the moment when i thought over the options and said "Screw it". I made my left and turned right into the rallys on the corner and then made a left to head in the direction she went. I could see her in the drive through waiting at the bank. I continued past her down Pearl.

Some of you could have been expecting me to pull into the bank and give her a piece of my mind, but this is where i will divulge the real gem of this story. Not only did I know what the buisness card said, but I had gone to that motorcycle shop a number of times. I knew the owner of the shop (her husband) by name and a friend of mine just so happens to live very near him on the same street they do. So i went to my buddies house so that I could tell this woman that I know her husband by name and that she had cost him a customer.

I waited for a half hour. It wasn't worth it, so i left. The following day, Friday, after work I stopped in to tell him what happened and all I said was that "If I was you, I would want to know about that, and I just wanted to let you know" If you are married to a biker, you should know what to do and what not to do around bikes. Thinking that was a proper thing to do is unforgivable in my opinion. He said she had done that before and gets all huffy when people dont take the card. That is the second bike shop that I stopped going to because they pissed me off.

I know a better place to take my tires and wheels to get mounted anyways..

seems to me that there would be better ways to advertise for a bike shop then some goofy woman hanging out a car window trying to pass out business cards while moving... I give an epic fail to that shop...

WOW.

You should have gotten close enough to take the card, and then punched her in the face.

Grabbed her wrist and let engine braking run its course...

:lol: yeah! violence always seems like the right choice...

I was really expecting hookers somewhere in that story. I'm disappointed. :lol:

maybe she wasn't advertising for the shop at all... you could be less disappointed and just pretend that it was a "personal" business card she was trying to hand out.

I guess you could give her some kudos from trying to go the extra mile.

However being quite a failure at doing so.

I'm going to intince your business by insulting you. That sounds like a great marketing strategy.

hah.. It definitely could use a power commander and tune and has what i would imagine to be the usual hiccup at ta cruising/ neutral throttle position. Regardless not like she works in the shop, and if she knew enough about bikes to tell if it sounds like shit she would know not to do some stupid shit like that.

hah.. It definitely could use a power commander and tune and has what i would imagine to be the usual hiccup at ta cruising/ neutral throttle position. Regardless not like she works in the shop, and if she knew enough about bikes to tell if it sounds like shit she would know not to do some stupid shit like that.

Dude, if you need PC Tuning services, call Doug at MPH (330) 922-8000

Best guy there is in our neck of the woods.