Top Gear on History tonight @ 10

Sparky

They took all the things that made the REAL Top Gear good...the awesome cars, the dry British wit, the simply amazing cinematography, the bizarre challenges, presenters with actual personalities...and applied the standard American-TV dumbing-down. They even somehow managed to make the Stig boring...and that's just WRONG.

+1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll keep watching just because there is nothing else on at 10pm on sundays....

uh

on the same time as walking dead. meh.

I was flipping between the two during commercials and top gear is retarded. It's nothing new and exciting, like, at all. Racing three lambos around the track is cool, but the narration was like "and he takes a left turn, he goes right, he goes fast down the straight, he goes slow here..." So effing boring.

I concur that it was weak, the host has the personality of an engineer, and why the hell did they feel the need to explain everything? I am sure everyone who is watching the show has seen top gear or is smart enough to figure out what is going on. They should have named it something else so we would not compare it to the UK. I will keep watching, no other real car shows on. I think "Trucks" on spike is better though! LOL.

+1 to DVR and the Walking Dead

I saw flashes of OK but to be perfectly fair...I give it a 5.5/10

Ferrara is for sure my favorite. His NY-ness shows in his excessive cursing and his stereotypical Long Island Italian accent...I love it

Rutledge Wood, I have a feeling will grow on me. He's got some good one-liners

Tanner Foust is too awkward....His presentation/talking skills are a direct polar opposite to his driving skills.......yes, please

it wasn;t bad but I'll reserve more critical judgement for a couple more episodes

words of the night:

bananarama

creamsicle

tupperware

The guy with the beard wasn't even the funny fat guy. He was just fat. I'm not really impressed.

I am somewhat suspicious about if we'll get the real deal on all the cars. I see Mercedes is a sponsor. Well see where it goes from here.

yeah i don't know if they will be able to give real honest opinions or rip on cars like the other tg does...i think they will just say positive stuff about the cars :(

I saw flashes of OK but to be perfectly fair...I give it a 5.5/10

Ferrara is for sure my favorite. His NY-ness shows in his excessive cursing and his stereotypical Long Island Italian accent...I love it

Rutledge Wood, I have a feeling will grow on me. He's got some good one-liners

Tanner Foust is too awkward....His presentation/talking skills are a direct polar opposite to his driving skills.......yes, please

it wasn;t bad but I'll reserve more critical judgement for a couple more episodes

words of the night:

bananarama

creamsicle

tupperware

hah...i love that i just saw you comment this on grm :)

stop stalking me

GRM is my favorite magazine :)....cover-to-cover reader here

yeah that magazine is great...my coffee table is currently covered in them...they get used as coasters when we are done reading them :) they are good to keep to reference stuff....

we also get sportscar magazine, but it sucks compared to grm

how long before we get a top gear usa magazine?

i LOVE him...he can drive the shit out of a volvo....he's one of my fave drivers

and wow...we are way off topic :)

Watching Pobst and Mike Skeen go at it in World Challenge next year should be epic...KPAX versus the Vette (the RX8s and the TSXs aren t far behind)

/OT

TGUSA needs Adam Carolla....Foust is expendable......TG doesn t need a good driver...it needs good hosts that are into cars and Tanner Foust is nowhere close to being a good host

Case in Point, TG UK....none of the 3 guys are good drivers...they are simply car guys

I have no clue how Rutlage Wood got seleted for this show. All I can think about is Speed NASCAR pre-race coverage when I see him...and he's not even funny in a NASCAR environment, not to mention this one.

Tanner is a talent behind the wheel and they needed someone photogenic that at least has a clue what they're talking about for the show, but I agree he lacks personality.

What ever happened to Adam Carola? He would have been the perfect fit. A comedian who is an true car enthusiast. Bummer he didn't make it.

Not as good as the UK version. Wasn't funny, I didn't think they gave good reviews, basically just them going "this car is cool because it is a viper/lambo". The intro for The Stig was terrible, and I don't like the fact that they changed the segment's name to "big star, little car".