Cheap 9mm Ammo

Fiji ST

Anyone know where I can find some cheap(er) 9mm ammo? I want to get some target stuff for my brother's new Springfield for Christmas. Is the whole ammo shortage thing over with, or am I going to still be paying out the ass? Never bought ammo, so no clue where to look.

So, I want brass, right? A couple boxes of this should work, right?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AR9FMJ115&groupid=46

That's still steel cased, and berdan primed = not reloadable. If you don't reload (and it sounds like you don't), then it really doesn't matter. If all you're wanting is something to throw at paper, then buy the cheapest shit you can find, unless your gun is picky or something. It's most likely dirty as shit, and not going to win any accuracy competitions or anything, but would be fine for just fucking around.

Not to thread jack but since this is essentially the same question...What's your typically savings on like 1000rounds when buying in bulk? I checked all these websites for .40 and the cheapest/best deal I've found is $240/1000rds + $18 shipping. That's $258. If I walk into Walmart and bought the same 1000rds I'd pay $309, if prices are the same as they were last week. So I saved $51 by buying 5-10times what I usually do. $50 is nice, but I figured the 'discount' would be greater.

Is $24/100rds about the best I'll find for .40 target ammo?

Thanks

If you only want a couple of boxes, buy locally. The added shipping costs are only worth while if ordering in quantity.

This.

If just buying a couple boxes, go to Vance's or Buckeye Outdoors and pick up whatever they have on sale. If you assume he will be going to an indoor range, make sure it's brass cased. If he will be blasting out in the back yard it doesn't matter if its brass or steel or aluminum.

This.

If just buying a couple boxes, go to Vance's or Buckeye Outdoors and pick up whatever they have on sale. If you assume he will be going to an indoor range, make sure it's brass cased. If he will be blasting out in the back yard it doesn't matter if its brass or steel or aluminum.

He will be indoors. Why does it matter if it's brass or not?