All I want for Christmas is...

Otis Nice

Vances has a great deal. On sale for $479, plus mail in for 2 more free mags, 100 rounds. If it wasn't Christmas time and I wasn't more concerned with buying for fam and a needy fam I'd have jumped all over it. Sale only goes on until the 2nd too I believe. Suck.

I have the px4 regular (.40) and I love it, great gun with a lot of thought put into it. I'v shot a few rounds through the compact once though and i liked it, alittle squarely but thats almost exspected with that short of a barrel. It would be a nice ccw though.

I have the px4 regular (.40) and I love it, great gun with a lot of thought put into it. I'v shot a few rounds through the compact once though and i liked it, alittle squarely but thats almost exspected with that short of a barrel. It would be a nice ccw though.

CCW is the plan. :)

owned it, hated it, but thats my opionion

Details por favor? Pros? Cons? That's a chunk of change for me to drop to hate it. :)

A friend of mine had one and I never cared for it. It didn't fit my hand well and the controls felt sloppy. I didn't shoot it well and I typically shoot the full size 92FS models pretty well (I realize they are different). It was also a good bit thicker than I would have liked for a CCW gun, but I'm sensitive that way.

Have you looked at a Walther PPS? They have fairly similar styling but felt alot better in the hand to me. All of that is subjective though so, like always, your mileage may vary and you should handle one in person before you buy.

I see way too many parts and functionality coming from the M9/92F series pistols.

Can you elaborate on the problems? I've had 2 of the 92F and haven't had a single malfunction or breakage.

I've shot a full size .40. I loved the feel and how well my hands fit around the grip. For a polymer pistol they are heavy, though. Just the way it felt in my hand I don't think I've held another pistol that felt better, ergonomically.

Now take the rest with a grain of salt because the PX4 I shot was a rental so I'd like to believe most of the negatives are just because of it being used and abused and generally beat up. The gun jammed frequently, like maybe went through one magazine without a failure. Accuracy was terrible and shots were all over. A friend and myself were holding 1.5-2 inch groups (25-35ft) with a CZ75 and 1911 at the same time.

I had been considering it for a CCW but the rental experience overall was a letdown. It felt awesome holding it, but shooting it was a completely opposite feeling. I'd like to shoot another again, to give it another shot, but I haven't got around to it.

Can you elaborate on the problems? I've had 2 of the 92F and haven't had a single malfunction or breakage.

Not saying it's a bad thing, I just don't care for the safety on the M9/92F. We were supposed to get some Sigs, but unfortunately never came through. Only issues with the M9's usually are the magazines that were contracted out. Deffinately not as nice as the factory mags are. For a CCW weapon, I see the thumb safety being more of a hinder than anything.

Not saying it's a bad thing, I just don't care for the safety on the M9/92F. We were supposed to get some Sigs, but unfortunately never came through. Only issues with the M9's usually are the magazines that were contracted out. Deffinately not as nice as the factory mags are. For a CCW weapon, I see the thumb safety being more of a hinder than anything.

Gotcha. I knew about the issues with the mags y'all were issued. I do agree with the safety, but I'm not really a fan of any external safety.

Gotcha. I knew about the issues with the mags y'all were issued. I do agree with the safety, but I'm not really a fan of any external safety.

My safety was usually in the up position here indicating the little red dot :) Carried it like that in both a Blackhawk Serpa and a Safariland thumb break style retention. But then again, my job entailed being able to deal with a close up threat more than anything, especially behind the wheel.