Great read

Skinner

I'd do it. We drove across Kenya and it was probably one of the best experiences I've ever had. We stayed on paved roads for the most part, but when you see a zebra rolling in a pothole in the middle of one of the main roads, it gives a different meaning to paved roads.

I didn't see if it said if that was a diesel Land Cruiser they used, it looks like a gasoline one, that wasn't a good idea. We did it in a bone stock diesel Cherokee.

The Toyota Land Cruiser and the Toyota Hilux

there's a reason those trucks are the truck of choice anywhere and everywhere you go in the world

we had a 2.8L Diesel Hilux growing up.............I still haven t met a tougher vehicle...Same for my aun't old 94 Land Cruiser

Toyota still makes the Land Cruiser 70....pretty much unchanged since 84

http://www.carsources.biz/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Toyota-LandCruiser-70-Series.jpg

Toyota Hilux

Yeah, my grandfather has a 3rd gen Hilux that still runs to this very day, only problem is that its about 70% rust, oh and that it's had more work done to it than any car that has ever been in my family. It's a piece of shit, only reason those are popular is because they are cheap and parts are everywhere.

Land cruisers are good though, I prefer a Land Rover, Nissan Patrol or Mitsubishi Pajero

I'd do it. We drove across Kenya and it was probably one of the best experiences I've ever had. We stayed on paved roads for the most part, but when you see a zebra rolling in a pothole in the middle of one of the main roads, it gives a different meaning to paved roads.

I didn't see if it said if that was a diesel Land Cruiser they used, it looks like a gasoline one, that wasn't a good idea. We did it in a bone stock diesel Cherokee.

It's a diesel.

Yeah, my grandfather has a 3rd gen Hilux that still runs to this very day, only problem is that its about 70% rust, oh and that it's had more work done to it than any car that has ever been in my family. It's a piece of shit, only reason those are popular is because they are cheap and parts are everywhere.

Land cruisers are good though, I prefer a Land Rover, Nissan Patrol or Mitsubishi Pajero

He discusses all of the above listed vehicles and their durability in that environment. He spoke with the local mechanic school in depth about it. The LC is good for about 15k-20k km and the Mitsu...about 2k km.