Ips has it wrong!

spaulsen

I asked IPS to get pricing for me once before, and they said they'd get back to me and didn't within a day or so, but guess what, I CALLED THEM BACK. Fuck what is so hard about picking up a phone and calling someone? Buisness's have shit goin on and probably dont think about "I NEED TO CALL THIS GUY BACK" etc.

What im trying to say is you probably should of kept calling them.

If you car is in the shop for a week or two they dont call you every other day giving you updates, you call them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked IPS to get pricing for me once before, and they said they'd get back to me and didn't within a day or so, but guess what, I CALLED THEM BACK. Fuck what is so hard about picking up a phone and calling someone? Buisness's have shit goin on and probably dont think about "I NEED TO CALL THIS GUY BACK" etc.

What im trying to say is you probably should of kept calling them.

If you car is in the shop for a week or two they dont call you every other day giving you updates, you call them.

... i mean if i had a customer that called 3 times a week i would definately know who he was!...

As a small business owner depending on incoming calls requesting quotes, I try to set aside at least an hour every day in season to return that days calls. If I don't get them I at least leave a message and try again that evening.

Funny thing... I'm always told I got the business because I was the only one that returned their call!

I don't have "walk in traffic" and no storefront, but unless these guys are just booked with an unreal amount of business, running at full capacity and making tons of $$$, I can't imaging not returing calls to potential customers within a day or two.

Possibly a part time guy on a quote desk would move this company to a new level of revenue and customer satisfaction, especially if he worked on commission.

My 2 cents.

Ron Eisner

Deck Rescue Franchisee

Hmmm....sounds like a communication break down to me. Not making excuses for anyone, but moving a shop may have had something to do with it. I talked with some of the guys over there about their ongoing move issues and that probably would explain this. Not saying that it's right, but I've personally never had issues with ordering through them.

I'd suggest contacting Jeff again and trying to clear it up with him instead of putting this up in an attempt to get a response. Yes, your situation sucks. Would I be mad? Yes. Having said all of that, just try and call. If you hear nothing, take your business elsewhere. Good luck.

heres the kind of business jeff does. hopefully he will come in here and defend himself. good day.....

I sure will :)

I wasn't (And am still not) in any hurry to sell the other LS3 so I wasn't willing to give it away. I had no idea what it was worth as the only comp's I could find at the time were completely assembled. Since we also had a separate set of heads and intake and tb I figured the simple solution was to put it all together and make it a drop-in and much easier to come up with a price.

I think I told you on the phone about 15 times I had no idea when it would get put together as we were moving and we had 100x too much work in the shop as it was. I never told you "2 weeks" I never said "2 months" and I left the outlook as pessimistic as possible so it was clear it could be awhile. I never took a dollar from you and we never even really agreed upon a price until it was all assembled (Which it still isn't).

The other LS3 belongs to a client and he named his price and wanted it gone. Easy peasy.

If/when it is ready for sale I will post it up with a price like any other part we sell (New or used) :)

Jeff

I don't have "walk in traffic" and no storefront, but unless these guys are just booked with an unreal amount of business, running at full capacity and making tons of $$$, I can't imaging not returing calls to potential customers within a day or two.

It had nothing to do with not returning calls and everything to do with an inability to get the engine assembled and THEN "Ready" to actually sell.

Where I screwed up was acknowledging we had one in the first place as it was not ready for sale and still isn't...

Jeff

As a small business owner depending on incoming calls requesting quotes, I try to set aside at least an hour every day in season to return that days calls. If I don't get them I at least leave a message and try again that evening.

Funny thing... I'm always told I got the business because I was the only one that returned their call!

Possibly a part time guy on a quote desk would move this company to a new level of revenue and customer satisfaction, especially if he worked on commission.

My 2 cents.

Ron Eisner

Deck Rescue Franchisee

Whether this was the case or not, excellent advice and a problem/solution many businesses can follow.

This is being made out to be something it isn't.

Shawn was one of 4 or 5 people all wanting to buy this LS3 shorty. I had no clue what it was worth. I told all of them to shoot me links from Ebay or CF or Craigslist or whatever and I would take an average and call it done. There were no exacts but 2 or 3 long-blocks or LS3/L92 "Variants" found (Collectively).

Since I wasn't selling the engine (Meaning I hadn't taken the time to figure out what it was worth myself and take pics and start a thread) I didn't want to give it away and then be out money to buy another used one later. Since a "Fair" market value couldn't be established it stalled until we got a pair of heads to make a long-block which most of the comp's were actually of anyway. Now it just needs all put together and it it is much more "Black & White" sale -- which Shawn doeesn't want (A long-block).

I dunno. Such is life...

Jeff

Seems like instead of bitching on the internet, you would just take business else where? What would Joe Namath do?

I am 99.9% sure this thread is in response to the "For Sale" thread in our section for a different LS3. I would be pissed too if I saw an engine being sold that I "Couldn't" buy for the better part of 3 months. I am sure Shawn had no idea this was a different engine and different scenario.

Honestly I don't blame him at all for being upset...

Jeff

I am 99.9% sure this thread is in response to the "For Sale" thread in our section for a different LS3. I would be pissed too if I saw an engine being sold that I "Couldn't" buy for the better part of 3 months. I am sure Shawn had no idea this was a different engine and different scenario.

Honestly I don't blame him at all for being upset...

Jeff

Hold on a minute.....GM made more than one LS3?

This thread is a one sided story as usual. So for those of you with the blinders on keep posting.

Moving on:

I have never had an issue with getting quotes or parts from Brandon. He is Good about calling back and even goes the extra mile to send me pictures of my parts installed on my car. I have been doing business there for years and plan on continuing to do so for a while. Although I have not spent 100k there I still get treated like I should from Brandon, and Jeff. They are in the middle of a HUGE transition right now and Even if they don't call back right away or that day Iam more than understanding. Just goes to show you what the world has come to i see it every day. its a "I want it now for less, Instant gradification." type of thing. Oh well To each there own.

It's not the people who have been going there for years, and know all the guys in the shop by name who have a problem with the service. It's people like me, and probably most of the other people who have posted in this thread, who have only gotten a few parts, or just tried to get a price for something, and felt almost snubbed, like they are not worth the time. I have bought a couple of things there, and probably will again, but I agree sometimes the customer service does suck.

I think with this type of business a secretary would not work, like said above, a sales person (or 2), with some knowledge, just to answer phones, and give prices. The people that deal with the phones now, are the same people running for parts/ ordering parts/ dealing with walk ins/ figuring out what will or will not work on any given vehicle yada yada yada. They are to busy to deal with 100s of calls a day, asking how much spark plugs are, and will this turbo work well on my civic, and all the random shit they get calls about in a day.

It's not the people who have been going there for years, and know all the guys in the shop by name who have a problem with the service. It's people like me, and probably most of the other people who have posted in this thread, who have only gotten a few parts, or just tried to get a price for something, and felt almost snubbed, like they are not worth the time. I have bought a couple of things there, and probably will again, but I agree sometimes the customer service does suck.

Same I bought Oil return lines from there awhile back but called and could not get a quote on a parts list I needed. But I just took my money somewhere else. Good luck to them though. Seems like half the people they know they will help, then strangers not well known to them they just blow off.

It's not the people who have been going there for years, and know all the guys in the shop by name who have a problem with the service. It's people like me, and probably most of the other people who have posted in this thread, who have only gotten a few parts, or just tried to get a price for something, and felt almost snubbed

My "Hunch" is this is due to the often widely variable requests we get on a daily basis. Meaning, if on a given day we get 6 or 7 quotes for 2010 Camaro's and Z06's and then another 4 or 5 for V6 Accord's or Scion TC's or GM Trucks or Miata's or V6 Mustang's which do you think we are going to get to first? The one's Brandon or myself can answer the easiest and quickest -- the ones that we know inside and out without doing any homework on or the one's that require lots of time we never have? Does that mean we couldn't quote a turbo kit on a Miata? Of course not, it would just take a little more time to feel like we are really doing a service to our client instead of reading them the first thing that pops up on a 5 minute google search and running with it. That typically doesn't end well for anyone :)

In the past, we were very bad at just saying "Not interested". Instead, we would tell someone we would give them a call back and hope to find time to read up on their "XYZ" while trying to stay caught up on the quotes for cars we know like the back of our hand. A couple days later the odds of us slowing down to get back to it (Or even remembering that we were forgetting to get back to researching it in the first place) was slim and none. By default, this gets translated into getting "Blown off" by the potential client.

In our new facility, and with our current staffing, we have been getting good at just saying "Sorry, but not interested" and trying to direct the person to "XYZ" shop better suited to help them. This has helped us focus on talking, writing, and quoting what we know instead of struggling to learn platforms we have no interest or knowledge on. Trying to do so with little to no time has resulted in many of the "Blown-off" reviews I'm afraid.

Jeff

"I like the way you do bizness" love that movie. But by reading the above statement if that's the case I give you guys props for actually tryna direct someone to get what they need and politely telling them not interested or not comfortable. Hats off tp you sir.

Now only if you'd return my call :D jk

Everything on my list of parts I needed for my truck would work on a camaro/ta/gto/corvette/g8. I was told over, and over that I would get a call back the next day, and it never happened. The only things I ended up buying out of the list of 7 things I needed was a plx boost gauge, and Eric tuned my truck. The only reason I got the gauge was because I got a call 2 weeks later telling me it was there even though I never said to order it. Eric is the best fi lsx tuner around, so no matter what I was coming there for that, and will again I'm sure, later on. (I'm sure I'll catch hell for saying that.)

My "Hunch" is this is due to the often widely variable requests we get on a daily basis. Meaning, if on a given day we get 6 or 7 quotes for 2010 Camaro's and Z06's and then another 4 or 5 for V6 Accord's or Scion TC's or GM Trucks or Miata's or V6 Mustang's which do you think we are going to get to first? The one's Brandon or myself can answer the easiest and quickest -- the ones that we know inside and out without doing any homework on or the one's that require lots of time we never have? Does that mean we couldn't quote a turbo kit on a Miata? Of course not, it would just take a little more time to feel like we are really doing a service to our client instead of reading them the first thing that pops up on a 5 minute google search and running with it. That typically doesn't end well for anyone :)

In the past, we were very bad at just saying "Not interested". Instead, we would tell someone we would give them a call back and hope to find time to read up on their "XYZ" while trying to stay caught up on the quotes for cars we know like the back of our hand. A couple days later the odds of us slowing down to get back to it (Or even remembering that we were forgetting to get back to researching it in the first place) was slim and none. By default, this gets translated into getting "Blown off" by the potential client.

In our new facility, and with our current staffing, we have been getting good at just saying "Sorry, but not interested" and trying to direct the person to "XYZ" shop better suited to help them. This has helped us focus on talking, writing, and quoting what we know instead of struggling to learn platforms we have no interest or knowledge on. Trying to do so with little to no time has resulted in many of the "Blown-off" reviews I'm afraid.

Jeff

Holy honest reply...

I was treated fine by IPS before I knew any of the guys there. Jeff, Mike, and Greg (when he was still around) all went out of their way to help me. This was especially true when they stayed way after hours to try and figure out what was up with my Kenne Bell. Even with not having much contact with IPS anymore, Jeff has still been more than courteous every time I have asked him for something. Sorry I can't say anything about Brandon, I haven't dealt with him that much, but Jeff has never done me wrong, that I can think of.

If I got back into cars I would have no problem getting with IPS to get whatever I needed. I was even a "competitor" (I use the term loosely) for a short time. Take my opinion for what it's worth, but everyone should know that I have no problem saying what I think on here.

Thanks Hal!

I wish I could say we get back to every single request we get but I know that isn't the case. Over the winter months it is much easier as the volume of requests is lower so I would say we do now. We will have changes in place by spring to make sure it stays that way :)

Every year we keep growing and every year we keep getting better. Next year will take that to a whole new level and we are all very excited about the 10x bigger and better IPS for 2011 :)