Shotgun Fun

wagner

I am looking to get a Mossberg 500 but want the combo that is good for home defense and clays in 12 gauge. Where would be a good place to buy? I went to Dick's and they said their price would be droping soon on combo but I don't know if it was the 12 guage or not.

After talking with a few memebers I think I want to get a .22 handgun to go shoot at the range. Any suggestions for this?

I am a total gun noob and know just enough to be an idiot. Any suggested websites to educate myself?

Go to ohio valley (or call first) they have a good selection of used shotguns. I bought my 870 express magnum for $200 there.

There usually have a couple 500's.

If buying new, go to vances, buckeye or ohio valley. Dont buy from dick's or gander mountain.

Go to ohio valley (or call first) they have a good selection of used shotguns. I bought my 870 express magnum for $200 there.

If buying new, go to vances, buckeye or ohio valley. Dont buy from dick's or gander mountain.

I won't be doing the buying, it might end up being a christmas gift from my family. If I end up buying I will check those places out.

870 > 500

As far as pistols go, some people love plinking all day long with a .22, while some like me get bored with it after 2 minutes and want something that actually does something.

What is the price point difference on the 870? I have heard that there will always be a debate between the brands.

I will someday get a big boy pistol to shoot with, but I want something that is cheap to shoot for practice.

My girl just paid for my MOSSBERG M500 CRUISER at buckeye yesterday.

she got it for 299.00

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/34499

it has a 20" barrel, i can't freaking wait to shoot it!!

1. Load up with full power 00 buck

2. Aim

3. Fire

4. Be sure to video

1. Load up with full power 00 buck

2. Aim

3. Fire

4. Be sure to video

DEFIANTLY!!

i am about to order the black hawk adjustable stock, and other goodies.

i wanna shoot some slugs through it too! i bought a couple full days at any state gun range while I was there.

What is the price point difference on the 870? I have heard that there will always be a debate between the brands.

I will someday get a big boy pistol to shoot with, but I want something that is cheap to shoot for practice.

In today's paper Vance's add has the Remington 870 Defense for 299.99. I was thinking that was a good deal but I too am a noob when it comes to Firearms.

Hey Brian, as for your .22 question, you can never go wrong with the Ruger Mark III hunter or any of those series of handguns. They're not the cheapest in the world by comparison, but there's a huge market for them. Not to mention, they're great shooting guns. Never had any experiences with the Walther P22, but I've been thinking about buying one myself for shits n' giggles.

BTW- Go big, buy a 590A1 Mossberg :D

Here's the Ruger I speak of:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_i9XcNg33JRw/Sc8P2SbYWhI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/kyW2-vZ2Vlk/s400/MarkIII-Rsmall.jpg

I am looking at the 500 combo because I get the two barrels and scope.
nothing wrong with wanting two barrels and a scope but if you only intend on using this for clay pigeons and home defense, you don't need a rifled barrel. Any 12g with a standard field barrel will meet your needs. Here's a pic of mine waiting for a deer Saturday. On a personal note, we've had this 500 for 4yrs now put hundreds of sport shot shells and a handful of sabot slugs through it every year and love it. Just keep it clean oiled and store inside your house and you'll get the same results

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/snowdoc83/utf-8BSU1BRzAyMzUuanBn.jpg

When I get a chance, I'd like to go shooting around the weekend of the 17th if you wanna join in Brian.

Scotty you can shoot my P22. Its one of my favorites right now and I have another toy I haven't even shot yet. Brian and Scotty, get with me to shoot. I'm freed up after the 20th.

I should be done with class by then and have some free time to go on either day.

Ohio Valley had a good selection last Tuesday. Maverick (made by Mossberg) black 12G for $140 I believe. Had a few more too.

As for the .22 I'd recommend:

http://www.northwoodsports.com/images/WALTHER%20P22.jpg

nothing wrong with wanting two barrels and a scope but if you only intend on using this for clay pigeons and home defense, you don't need a rifled barrel. Any 12g with a standard field barrel will meet your needs. Here's a pic of mine waiting for a deer Saturday. On a personal note, we've had this 500 for 4yrs now put hundreds of sport shot shells and a handful of sabot slugs through it every year and love it. Just keep it clean oiled and store inside your house and you'll get the same results

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/snowdoc83/utf-8BSU1BRzAyMzUuanBn.jpg

Well I might try my hand at hunting next year so both seemed to be a good idea.

I agree with Scotty on the Ruger MKII or MKIII .22lr. I have several .22 pistols and my favorite two are these... The older model's can be bought at a reasonable price and I fell they are a little better built. The lower on the newer guns are made of a composite plastic.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=495&pictureid=3901

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=495&pictureid=4594

Reliability with the Ruger's are great. If I ever have a FTF it's the ammo not the guns fault.

The only .22 I would recommend staying away from (except for all the Saturday night specials)is the Sig Sauer Mosquito. The gun felt great in my hand but it wouldn't shoot more than 3 rounds before it would jam up. I tried several different ammo's and even the CCI Mini Max's that Sig recommends and I still had the same issues. The feed ramp was even polished.