Automotive Technicians!! inquire within

EvoXbmx

It's Carmax, be prepared to do brakes all day every day. What other HUGE USED automobile dealers do you all know especially in dublin that employ "Techs"? My brother in law worked there and quit after a couple of years said it went from fun, to Nazi rules for staff.

This is for a technician position. SpaceGhost, your brother was likely not a tech. I have worked there for 4 yrs, and only do breaks a couple times a week (I was hired in as a technician, not a brake tech or oil change tech). There are brake tech and inspection positions open if you want to do repetative work all day, the pay is excellent for what you do though. Jiffy lube will not pay 14/hr to change oil, I am sure. Yes, they have very strict policies about attendance and appearance. If you cant keep your free uniforms clean (uniforms that cintas picks up once a week), and cant get to work on time, do not inquire. :rolleyes: Positive attitudes and real shop experience are welcome.

Spaceghost: BTW, tell Jordan I said Hi;)

Anyone know who ******* is? I have no contact info for him. Please p/m me if you are him, or are a friend of his so I can be of more assistance. Good luck to everyone who applied. Its really not a bad company to work for and pays a pretty decent wage.

*********nevermind, I got it***** Thanks

Edited by EvoXbmx

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to everyone who applied. There were 2 technician positions that were open. 1 of them is filled, the other one they are trying to promote internally. If that does not go through, there will be an official technician spot open again in Feb. All applications are held for 90 days, so dont give your hopes up just yet! Also, if you have not applied and want a shot at a technician position, submit an application at carmax.com anyways and they will keep it on file as well. These spots RARELY come around. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
More positions opened up. INCLUDING A TECHNICIAN SPOT. They call the position MA3. If you already applied, apply again!! Private message me your name and phone and I will let you use me as a reference. These Tech positions almost never come up, I strongly encourage anyone that wants a foot in the door to apply. It pays good and it is not hard to move up from there at all. Good luck. Apply at Carmax.com for the Sawmill Location. Edited by EvoXbmx

It is still available. A couple of people are interviewing today. Private message me your full name, phone number, work history/certs, and I'll get you into the referral system. Edit: just found your old pm's. Sorry, I missed them

• 2 months later...
Couple more Technician positions opened up, people are moving around within the company! P/M me with your brief work history and certs for referral info:) already have a few members working here. -Bill