Got a track bike GSX-R750, tons of pics of preperation process

vw151

Keep running your mouth and Im going to paint a 10 on my plates and park beside you every chance I get.. :):p:D

And burton gave me compliments that day since evidently he followed me for a while and said I was doing damn good. :)

You'd all probably be going even faster if you were running a CarrMoto suspension set up.

:popcorn:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who in this thread will be in intermediate this weekend. I want to get some schooling! I'm interested in going fast and doing it right and I'm not afraid to admit I'm doing it wrong if someone better than me can watch me and let me know what I can do to improve. Mostly I'm gonna work on my race line and getting off the bike even more but I'm sure there are other things I could work on. I've mostly ridden novice so far.

So who in this thread will be in intermediate this weekend. I want to get some schooling! I'm interested in going fast and doing it right and I'm not afraid to admit I'm doing it wrong if someone better than me can watch me and let me know what I can do to improve. Mostly I'm gonna work on my race line and getting off the bike even more but I'm sure there are other things I could work on. I've mostly ridden novice so far.

Remember the pucks are NOT supposed to stay on the ground through the corners :flingpoo:

Keep running your mouth and Im going to paint a 10 on my plates and park beside you every chance I get.. :):p:D

And burton gave me compliments that day since evidently he followed me for a while and said I was doing damn good. :)

Hey, even slow guys ride good...

I don't know where they will place me to instruct until I am there. Probably be in either Novice or Advanced both days. I usually never seem to get to go out with the "I" guys... But, if you want to work race lines, hit me up and I can go out with you...

I don't know where they will place me to instruct until I am there. Probably be in either Novice or Advanced both days. I usually never seem to get to go out with the "I" guys... But, if you want to work race lines, hit me up and I can go out with you...

Novice sounds about right.. Thats it.. my 750 is getting #10 plates on it.. :)

I want to go as fast as I can while still working on the fundamentals. I generally feel pretty comfortable but I have a ways to go before I am riding like you WERA guys. Hopefully by the end of the summer I can go out in advanced and be comfortable. We'll see how it goes. If I see you out there, I'll grab you so we can run a few laps together.

I want to go as fast as I can while still working on the fundamentals. I generally feel pretty comfortable but I have a ways to go before I am riding like you WERA guys. Hopefully by the end of the summer I can go out in advanced and be comfortable. We'll see how it goes. If I see you out there, I'll grab you so we can run a few laps together.

All ya gots ta do is ask, man. Would be glad to follow you and lead you around...

Thanks man.

Flounder, I've considered getting a camera but haven't yet.

Check out these guys..

http://www.cedigital.com/xcart/product.php?productid=137&cat=77&page=1

use the code "racer" for an additional $25 off.. This is the unit I have and it works great and is extremely portable.

Or for the GoPro cam

http://www.cedigital.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16172&cat=75&page=1&featured

The guy caters to racers and he is located just down on the cincy/ky border

Check out these guys..

http://www.cedigital.com/xcart/product.php?productid=137&cat=77&page=1

use the code "racer" for an additional $25 off.. This is the unit I have and it works great and is extremely portable.

Or for the GoPro cam

http://www.cedigital.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16172&cat=75&page=1&featured

The guy caters to racers and he is located just down on the cincy/ky border

That's pretty sweet. I'll have to save my pennies. Getting this track bike together has not been cheap.

That's pretty sweet. I'll have to save my pennies. Getting this track bike together has not been cheap.

Understandable.. I probably put 2000-2500 in mine after I totaled it last year just so that I could have it back to track status.

So I hear you some trouble about a monster going down the track???? Is it true?

Yep, went down in "madness" or top of the esses. Total rider error. I was trying to get around one of those pesky liter bikes that would pass me in the straight but go slow in the turns. I thought maybe I'd poke around and get him at the bottom of the esses. Well.... that was a bad idea. Ran wide, got close enough to the grass and spooked myself and stood the bike up. Then I thought I'd ride it out through the grass. As I went down the hill I couldn't seem to get away from the concrete wall so I hit the front brake and ditched it. Yes.... I know, lots of mistakes all at once. This was about my 4th track day so I'm still a little green. I'm told I went over the handle bars and into the grass and slid into the wall while the bike followed me. I broke my collar bone and dislocated my shoulder. :(

I was riding the monster because I was trying to get the supsension on the gixxer dialed in, and because I really love riding the monster. The bike felt great and totally under control, unfortunately a little rider error and oops crash. Anyway, here is a pic one of my friends snapped of me railing through the exact turn I wrecked in a little earlier.

monster-madnessweb.jpg

The monster is not in bad shape. Handle bars are bent up, and one of those pretty rear sets is bent as well. I think I can repair the rearset and find a set of handlebars relatively cheap. Otherwise it's just full of grass and mud.

Edited by vw151

• 2 months later...

Heading to Putnam today. First time back on the track since breaking my collar bone at Mid-OH back in April..... on my ducati... :(

Only taking the Gixxer this time. Updates on the bike are 180 rear slick, carbon lorrain C44 brake pads and the suspension should be dialed in perfect at this point. Should be good to go. Pics to follow.