Snow Blower...why didn't I buy one sooner?!

Nitrousbird

Then I should have a shit load of it . I have a 200 ft gravel drive that a snow blower can not be used on. I keep telling my self every year that Im going to buy a quad and put a plow on it but just can not justify spending that much on something that will sit in a garage all year waiting on a snow storm.

you can run a snow blower on gravel you just have to set it up right and be carefull to not let it dig if it rolls into a low spot

A couple years I had a real nice 8hp craftsman,electric start. It was given to me by my father in law. The first time I used it I had my new jeep cherokee special edition sitting outside and the this blower picked up a rock and thru it probably 50 feet and it hit the door, talk about being pissed off. Never used one since.

Pussy. My driveway is longer than yours and I do mine by hand... :lol:

You do yours by hand because gravel is a PITA with a blower.

My driveway is abour 1500 sq/ft. I calculated yours out to be 2000 sq/ft (assuming you did your parking area, and driveway edge-to-edge...I didn't look on my way to work). Add in what I clear out in front of my driveway + the back patio, I am about 2500 sq/ft.

You do yours by hand because gravel is a PITA with a blower.

My driveway is abour 1500 sq/ft. I calculated yours out to be 2000 sq/ft (assuming you did your parking area, and driveway edge-to-edge...I didn't look on my way to work). Add in what I clear out in front of my driveway + the back patio, I am about 2500 sq/ft.

I do mine by hand because I don't have a vagina. :p

And you are way off on your math. My driveway is nearly twice the length of yours. I'll measure it at some point to be sure.

I do mine by hand because I don't have a vagina. :p

And you are way off on your math. My driveway is nearly twice the length of yours. I'll measure it at some point to be sure.

Your driveway isn't as wide. It is longer by quite a bit, but take away that width and that is where you lose the square footage.

joe, if i PM you my address can you tell me how big my driveway is?

i don't just clear my driveway i also clear one of my neighbors so i'm not hand shoveling both driveways.

Sure, PM it.

ok so my driveway is 3250 sq. ft. according to googe earth. pass on hand shoveling that, i've done it before when it was about an inch and it sucked.

also the 24" blower like joe bought, i have the same one. i don't really care for it as much as the 28" blower my dad has. its too light and doesn't really like heavy snow all that much but it still does a good job though. my dad said he doesn't like how heavy his is so we are going to trade so now i have the pork chop bone eating snow blower again.