Houses in Detroit going for $1 and more

Rustlestiltskin

Property price on the one right below, over the years

December 2010 400$

November 7, 2005 $57,000

December 20, 2002 $90,000

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6368-Beechton-Street_Detroit_MI_48210_M48555-41137?source=we

and more....

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...2750?source=we

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9194-Melville-Street_Detroit_MI_48209_M38552-60601?source=we

A bunch of the city is like this. LOL

brb, buying a block with gas money.

Heres some more info.

http://www.businessinsider.com/detroit-garbage-pickup-bankruptcy-2010-12

The deterioration of the economic base of the city has accelerated. There were an estimated 81,754 vacant housing units (22.2 percent of the total) in Detroit before the recession; that number increased to an estimated 101,737 (27.8 percent of the total) in 2008.

The average price of a residential unit sold in the January through November, 2009 period was $12,439, down from $97,847 in 2003. Remaining businesses and individuals are challenging property tax assessments on parcels that have lost value and, in some cases, cannot be sold at any price.

More than half of employed city residents work outside the city limits; the metro area has the highest unemployment rate of the 100 major metro areas in the U.S.

Many people are buying blocks and bulldozing the houses and returning Detroit to farmland. there are huge green patches in Detroit now.

That's actually not a bad idea. If there's nothing else there, no where to work, no one living there, no businesses.... Why not tear all that shit down and live off the land.

That's actually not a bad idea. If there's nothing else there, no where to work, no one living there, no businesses.... Why not tear all that shit down and live off the land.

Until everyone around you steals the food from your plants or destroys it because they have nothing better to do.

scary read.

on that note paul, wanna go in on a plot of land with me? We could possibly steal that shit, then when the city comes in and buldozes our house because of "imminent domain", they'd possibly need to pay us. (ie invest $20 in house, city gives you $1000 to GTFO)

scary read.

on that note paul, wanna go in on a plot of land with me? We could possibly steal that shit, then when the city comes in and buldozes our house because of "imminent domain", they'd possibly need to pay us. (ie invest $20 in house, city gives you $1000 to GTFO)

im down to spend a $1 on a house.

Anyone who thinks that they will have "1$" invested in a house, even if it "sold" for 1$ is a fucking moron.

people are buying and selling HUDs in cleveland by the 40 block. as in 40 homes per sale. its redic.

Show my ONE, just one such purchase that was not eminent domain, or a zoning change applet.

And don't give me any excuses, any such purchase is public information.

And, THIS is what NEEDS to be done. People will naturally migrate where the work is. 40 years ago, it was the steel belt- not, its elsewhere. If housing is not needed, then it may as well be eliminated. The population drop in the city limits more than any other factor is the real cause of the housing delema in this city.

imo instead of worrying about whats going on in other countries, we should send some of our troops to detroit, chicago, la and any other ghetto's and clean the fucking places up. i would like to see the thugs and hood rats act tough to a bunch of soldiers. they may not fear the police but i think soldiers walking around with m16s would be a lot different.

Detroit is a sad sight. There is so much empty land now (enough empty land within the city limits that downtown San Francisco could fit inside it) that they are trying to get people to relocate to one side so they can cut back city services and bulldoze all the crack dens.

Ubran farming is taking off too.

imo instead of worrying about whats going on in other countries, we should send some of our troops to detroit, chicago, la and any other ghetto's and clean the fucking places up. i would like to see the thugs and hood rats act tough to a bunch of soldiers. they may not fear the police but i think soldiers walking around with m16s would be a lot different.

Too bad that will never happen.