Opinion: Value of my STi

SpaceGhost

I haven't seen pics or anything of your car but are you buying it back? I got $4500 for my talon, bought it back for $193, and stripped it down to nothing as a lot of the parts can still be used or sold, I probably got $1500-$2,000 in parts off the car. Financially not a bad deal.

Buy it back. When my Blazer was rear ended and totaled years ago, I bought it back, and simply sold it wrecked on E-bay - made a few hundred more dollars (bought it back for around $200, sold for a little over $600, and the thing wasn't exactly nice before it was hit).

If you have aftermarket items you want back you can atake them off as long as you have the stock parts to put with the car. When i had wrecked the mustang and before i decided to buy it back, nationwide said i could take any parts off the car i wanted as long as the stock parts were WITH the car, in the trunk, on the floorboard or seat, did not matter.

Why is everyone so afraid of high miles on a well maintained car? If it's only a few years old you know it has not sat and rusted/rotted out. I understand turbos die and such but we are car guys, we know (mostly) how to take care of that stuff. I would rather pay much less sometimes for high miles and well taken care of than low miles and beat on.

Buy it back. When my Blazer was rear ended and totaled years ago, I bought it back, and simply sold it wrecked on E-bay - made a few hundred more dollars (bought it back for around $200, sold for a little over $600, and the thing wasn't exactly nice before it was hit).

That's what I am talking about. I didn't let them tow my car to some lot either. My car went right fromthe accident to my house. They kept trying to talk me into taking my car to their lot. Eff you. It took a month and a half to get that ish resolved and if they were going to try to screw me, I was just going to pull all the aftermarket stuff off. The window was broken, you think I want it raining inside my car on the pristine leather while it sits in your lot? I think not. Let alone I don't want the car stripped while sitting in you lot either.

Anyway, selling the car on your own wrecked is smart, or at least pulling what is still good off and selling the parts. You can always get a scrapper to come and take it away for free when you are done pulling parts.

When I was talking to my public adjuster, he was telling me this story about this lady that had this nasty mustang that got flood damage or something. Can't remember the incident but anyway it was totaled out by the insurance company, she could have bought it back for like $7K or $8K but declined, the thing went to acution and sold for like some astronomical amount. In the range of $20K I believe he said. The lady essentially lost $12K by not buying it back and selling it herself.