BMV endorsement test

demitrix

Just a tip, if you completely FUBAR the cone swerve, don't worry about it. People fail very often from the cone swerve & u-turn part. Keep in mind, if you blow by all the cones, you can only get a max of 3-pts. If you miss those cones and panic trying to make it and put your foot down, you get additional deductions for each foot plant. Moral of the story is...if you have all your other skills down pat, blow through the cones and you'll pass just fine. Luckily I knew this going in, so when I missed the third cone, I just kept on going straight and set my focus on my u-turn. Those were the only 3 points in deductions I had. Just go in confident and don't psyche yourself out.

Honestly, the BMV test is cake, and is really a poor judge on testing someone for a motorcycle liscense IMHO. I passed it after riding for only 2-weeks on my CBR600RR. I didn't take the MSF Course myself, but would recommend it for people who are uncomfortable with anything while on their bike. Don't be one of the scrubs that rents a scooter or whatever either. If you can't pass it on the bike you'll be riding, then go take the MSFC.

Yeah i didnt know the scoring system until i failed but what happened is i missed a cone put a foot down and missed the uturn aka 11 points. Now that i know that you can fubar the cones thats my "plan" next time, i practice several times before and had no problem with the u turn i guess it was just nerves from completely ruining the cone swerve.

• 2 weeks later...
BonkerS....you have any advice for those who drop their bikes at the BMV's course site while practicing for the test? :guitar:

ut oh... someone that I know got through everything but the last exercise, then while the test giver was explaining to him what he had to do, while he was just standing there listening, the bike fell :( oops. that sucks.

hell i have got my permit for the past 10 years now and am finally going to take the course. i figure may as well be endorsed and legal. plus my insurace company offers a discount if you take the course.

hell i have got my permit for the past 10 years now and am finally going to take the course. i figure may as well be endorsed and legal. plus my insurace company offers a discount if you take the course.

Sounds like fun renewing it every year! :slap:

I challenge you to a game of Horseshoes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40c6iAEHpc