Parking ticket

Gergwheel1647545492

So my dumbass parked in a handicapped spot down in the short north tonight for dinner, was literally there for 1 hour and put enough money in the meter for 2+ hours. However it was a fucking handicapped spot and i got a $500 parking ticket. Anyone have any experience fighting these things? I know i was in the wrong but seriously a $500 ticket is a little excessive just cause i didn't see the sign.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fer real, i would try to talk jason down a few bucks, but only IF it will work on a car other than his own.

i got out of a ticket for parking across from the Y downtown. i bought the parking pass for like $3, but when i opened my door it really did blow off the dash. i called and they let it go since i had proof that i purchased a pass, but said next time they wouldnt be able to. lol

fer real, i would try to talk jason down a few bucks, but only IF it will work on a car other than his own.

I got into a "conversation" with a LEO in Cleveland regarding this. Evidently it's tied to an owner and a car, but since I was at the grocery store with my father, who is handicap, the guy was cool about it and just gave me a verbal warning.

You can borrow my dad. He's a crusty old Dego who was very clear with the cop I was dealing with that it was wrong....aka "BULLSHIT" I think was his term :D Said loudly as he shook his walker in the air.

I know and understand what i did was wrong, i am willing to pay for it, just not $500. THat is a tad extreme to me. I would pay $100 without a question.

I remember hearing that 2010 was the year they jacked up the rates to really begin cracking down. aka...fund the straining budget.

(F)(1) No person shall stop, stand, or park any motor vehicle at special parking locations provided under division (E) of this section or at special clearly marked parking locations provided in or on privately owned parking lots, parking garages, or other parking areas and designated in accordance with that division, unless one of the following applies:

(a) The motor vehicle is being operated by or for the transport of a person with a disability that limits or impairs the ability to walk and is displaying a valid removable windshield placard or special license plates;

(b) The motor vehicle is being operated by or for the transport of a handicapped person and is displaying a parking card or special handicapped license plates