Anyone have a GoPro video camera?

BDHG940

Side note that may be useful for some people:

If you already have a small camcorder there are some nice, fairly cheap mounts out there. I got this one and love it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002K8Q0EU/ref=oss_product

Now that would help with interior recording but obviously if you need something to mount outside to protect the device the gopro is pretty cool.

Have one, love it. I bought the motorsports kit which came with suction cup mount and a bunch of stick-on mounts.

Takes a minute to get used to the lack of monitor for setup and the two button interface.

My commute to/from work:

Why in the heck was it under leaves?

Use one for auto-x, the video is decent, better than my still camera's video mode, but the sound is pretty terrible, the wind noise can be overpowering. Not sure the HD is really all that HD when viewed on a tv.

The video format was pretty annoying to work with but realplayer added support for mp4 and now you can do basic cutting down of clips for free.

My stuff on vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/user4270866/videos

Most, if not all, are uploaded in HD.

I have been watching the video clips on youtube and the ones that say hd seem pretty good quality. I just want clips that are pretty good and that I can use on my site/youtube

Most have music so I havent really gotten to hear much sound, thats the only thing that bothers me

I bought one on amazon 3 days ago with Christmas money, I love the vids on their site. Hope it is all that is suppose to be. The newest model camera and firmware is suppose to have alot better sound quality, you can see quite a few on you tube and I think the sound is awesome

I got a standard-def one before the HD versions came out. Honestly I haven't used it as much as I wanted to, but it's cool to play with. As mentioned the sound sucks, but at least it's not SUPER WINDY like most of the in car videos you see anyway. The case and mounting are cool and work really well. That suction cup mount will stick through just about anything you can throw at it. I've tested it to speeds faster than I'm willing to post here.

Supposedly the new HD versions have capability to add on external mics, which would be the best solution.

Just ordered my HD Hero motorsports pack.

Anyone looking to purchase one of these should go to GoPro.com and check out what comes in each of the kits. BestBuy only sells the Helmet kit which might not have all the mounting options you'll want.

I'm thinking of putting one of the helmet mounts on my helmet, then a couple static ones around the WRX. The suction cup mount will be for oddball angles I want to get.