SLR owners -opinions and Deal

Berto

Saw this camera available at Costco. anyone have any experience with this? Nikon D5000

Wasn't really planning on buying one this soon but the price is pretty baller. $750 for the bundle.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11480706&search=slr&Mo=8&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=slr&Ntt=slr&No=5&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1#BVRRWidgetID

Edited by Berto
link added

Nikon and Canon are the leaders and depending who you ask you will get either answer. I bought my ex a Nikon D60 with a 18-55 lens and a 55-200 lens I believe and she loves it. I just don't see myself using a large camera like that so I never bought one.

I'd buy it if I was in the market though Costco has some deals out there on DSLR's

decent camera that rates rather well. the only thing to watch is the lens choices you have. buying a DSLR is buying into the system vs. the body. the lower line Nikon's like this and many others come in with low price points because they do not have a built-in AF motor which restricts lens choice. many of their consumer lenses do work, but check costs and your needs.

• 1 month later...