Gas!!!!

Jizzle Juice

Speaking of gas, I just read in our local paper that drivers should expect to see 4 dollars a gallon this summer. It also said that 25 years from now gas prices are estimated to be in the 6-9 dollar a gallon range.

25 years? We should all be lucky that we don't live in Europe where it is already that high.

Speaking of gas, I just read in our local paper that drivers should expect to see 4 dollars a gallon this summer. It also said that 25 years from now gas prices are estimated to be in the 6-9 dollar a gallon range.

their maths is wrong.

1$ price hike in 6 months does not equal a 3-6$ hike in 25 years.

25 years? We should all be lucky that we don't live in Europe where it is already that high.

No shit. I was in Germany during my junior year of high school. Even then we would've been paying out the ass for fuel if we didn't luck out and get a turbo-diesel Mercedes wagon.

Only good thing about this, is hopefully America will realize the benefits of diesel and loosen up the requirements for it so the price won't be more than unleaded. Hybrids are great, but I'd go diesel any day over some noiseless boring Prius.

Only good thing about this' date=' is hopefully America will realize the benefits of diesel and loosen up the requirements for it so the price won't be more than unleaded. Hybrids are great, but I'd go diesel any day over some noiseless boring Prius.[/quote']

Amen on that.

Yup,

I feel like I'm the only one who lusts for diesels sometimes.

Glad to know there are a few others out there.

Oh I looked for diesel Discos, then I looked into doing a diesel swap. Then I looked for diesel LR3's. They make them, but don't sell them over and it pisses me off. I'd be getting 25-30MPG now instead of 12.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Europe utilize public trains far more then the US does? From what my buddy stationed in Germany has been telling me, everyone either rides the train or rides a bike...

Absolutely. But you won't be seeing that in Ohio anytime soon thanks to our wonderful new governor declining the funds set aside for it. I was looking forward to being able to get drunk and ride a train between Cleveland and Columbus too.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Europe utilize public trains far more then the US does? From what my buddy stationed in Germany has been telling me, everyone either rides the train or rides a bike...

The US is MUCH larger than European countries, which is where the problem comes in. NYC utilizes the subway, and so does Chicago and a few other cities. It also only makes sense to have something like that in a very large city. Columbus isn't a city-living kind of place, it's a suburbs kind of place.

The US is MUCH larger than European countries, which is where the problem comes in. NYC utilizes the subway, and so does Chicago and a few other cities. It also only makes sense to have something like that in a very large city. Columbus isn't a city-living kind of place, it's a suburbs kind of place.

You must not spend any time in the city, there are plenty of great places to live in the city. Columbus is the largest city in the US without some sort of rail transportation. Of course you can't compare it to NYC or Chicago, that's just ignorant and a bad way to back up your argument of why we don't and shouldn't have rail. Cleveland has a nice little rail that seems to work pretty well.

If you really want to try to compare Columbus to large cities like Chicago we can. You can take a train from the Chicago suburbs an hour away from the city into the city. It's not that hard of a thing to do (build rails this way).

I can't believe we are giving away that $400mil we had. It's just going to go to another state now to make that state more attractive for people to live and therefore business to do business. :o That fucking asshole Governor we are going to have wanted to put that tax payer money it into the private sector (commercial rail ways). :mad:

It's all about viable means of alternative transportation. We aren't going to live without cars, but if I could ride my bike, take a train, or walk I definitely would some of the time.

More towards the OP, or where that conversation was going. Yes, I want some sort of diesel!

Jones, did you do the diesel Q7?

I can see this now.. A month from now people will be wondering what the strange 10 or 12 buck charge is on their card statement when the gas station realizes what happened and corrects their mistake. lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that they can't do that. That's like saying "Oh, I sold this beer to you for 1 dollar by mistake but I really wanted to charge you 5 dollars. I'll be taking that 4 dollars from you now."