Opinions on caliper color

93fox

Hey guys, I'm getting new wheels for the cobra, I'm picking up a set of 18" black saleens. While the car is on jack stands, I figured I would go ahead and paint the calipers, just can't decide on a color/combo. Im thinking something between black calipers with orange cobra letters or orange calipers with black cobra lettering. Maybe you guys have a different suggestion? Let me know.

For reference, heres my car, I couldnt really find a pic anywhere of a comp orange cobra with black saleens.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Jags4life/Fall%20Photoshoot/IMG_5075.jpg

the problem is after day 1 when they're made 5 shades darker by brake dust

Maybe I'm one of the few that always cleans the calipers when I wash the car/wheels. Although I painted the calipers on my Camaro and they never get very dirty, even when the car goes weeks without being washed

Gloss black, and match the letters to the body color, or silver.

i like what you're saying, if what you're saying is black with silver letters.

are the letters recessed into the caliper? I think black with a silver snake emblem painted on would look much better than letters

I think black is always classy...make sure you clear ;)

make sure you get Hi-temp paint if you ever use your brakes hard on spirited drives or whatnot

I had to because my calipers will get as hot as 500F on track and that would destroy normal paint

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss160/das_borgen/Arctic%20Silver%20E36%20M3/IMG00097.jpg?t=1267861300

sorry for crap cell phone pic

i like what you're saying, if what you're saying is black with silver letters.

are the letters recessed into the caliper? I think black with a silver snake emblem painted on would look much better than letters

Yup silver lettering.