Arizona congresswoman among 12 shot at Tucson grocery

SpaceGhost

CNN is saying reports are not good and she is possibly shot in the head.

Arizona congresswoman among 12 shot at Tucson grocery

(CNN) -- At least 12 people were shot at a Tucson grocery store on Saturday, and U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was among them, a Democratic party source told CNN.

Giffords, 40, was holding a constituent meeting at the grocery store when the shooting occurred, according to a schedule posted on her website.

CNN could not confirm conditions for Giffords or any of the others wounded, but the Tuscon Citizen newspaper was reporting that Giffords was shot in the head.

The Democratic source described the situation as "pretty serious,"

The shooting occurred at a Safeway shortly after 10 a.m. MST, according to sheriff's spokesman Deputy Jason Ogan.

Pictures from the scene showed a Giffords banner hanging from the storefront.

Several shot at Tuscon grocery store

At least two victims with gunshot wounds were transported at Northwest Medical Center, according to spokesman Richard Parker.

"They've been coming in the last 10 minutes. I'm not sure of the severity of their injuries," he said.

Ogan said he did not have conditions on any of the wounded and said the motive for the shooting is unclear.

"We're just trying to sort this out right now," he said.

An employee of a nearby business, Jason Pekau, told CNN that he heard "15 to 20 gunshots."

Giffords, a Democrat, was first elected in 2006. She has served as chairwoman of the House Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee and also holds seats on the House Science and Technology and Armed Services committees.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assumptions can make yourself look like an ass, just sayin'.

Merely making my best guess, if I'm proved wrong then fine. They have the suspect in custody, so I'm sure we'll know by the end of the day what his motivation was.

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with a Tea Party member, or any American citizen for that matter. It will only further divide political groups in this country.

The supposed shooter is a 22 yr old nutjob who doesn't like any governemnt. He just feels the gov't is out to get him. He cites his favorite books at Mein Kompf and the Communist Manifesto

The supposed shooter is a 22 yr old nutjob who doesn't like any governemnt. He just feels the gov't is out to get him. He cites his favorite books at Mein Kompf and the Communist Manifesto

never heard of the former book

Anyway

has anybody ever read Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf? I suspect the shooter read it in his madness

never heard of the former book

Anyway

has anybody ever read Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf? I suspect the shooter read it in his madness

Oh no a typo!!! :rolleyes:

She is confirmed dead, along with 6 others.

News stations MSNBC and Fox are saying that she is now out of surgery and doctors are "optimistic" about her recovery. 5 are confirmed dead at this time including a federal judge appointed by Bush Sr.

She is still in intensive care, they have not mentioned anything about any possible brain damage, but they haven't realy said where she was shot in the head.

Hopefully she pulls through, and as Fox mentioned it will bring gun accessibility back into the lime light most likely as far as how easy it is for nut jobs to obtain weapons.

Facts....