Moser 9" assembly

Richard Cranium

Does anyone have a good write up on the procedure to assemble a Moser 9"? The package I got from Gearhead Rob did not have any instructions with it and I don't want us to screw this up by guessing at it. I've found bits an pieces on the internet in various forums, but not enough to be comfortable that I'm sure it's right.

If you want a hand I'd be happy to walk through it with you, but it's really a simple process. As long as the center section is all together, you put your backing plates on the axles and press on the axle bearings and retainer rings, then it just bolts together. Put the center section in the housing, using a gasket and RTV (I prefer to use "Right Stuff" sealer on both sides of the gasket), then install the axle seals in the ends of the axle, I would suggest putting more RTV around the edges of the seal where it seats to the axle tube, then slide in your assembled axles, a little RTV around the leading edge of the axle bearing as you install it is a good idea here. The rest is pretty self explanitory, I've already had mine back out since the posi broke.