PS3 owners - question on multiple remotes

Nitrousbird

Just got my Harmony 890 + PS3 adapter tonight (and finding the software, like all other Logitech stuff I own, to be complete bloated, half assed, f'ed up garbage).

But anyway, I discovered that my PS3 will only allow one remote to pair. I have the Sony Blu-ray remote, but when I pair the Logitech adapter, it removes my Blu-ray remote. Any tricks to make both pair/work? Didn't turn up anything with a Google search. I am probably SOL, but perhaps there is a way around being stuck to just one remote.

I have a harmony 550 and PS3 adapter. I only use the one remote for everything, why don't you just use the harmony for bluray as well?

But I do know that you can adjust which controller it assigns the remote to, maybe they are assigned to the same number for both?

I have a harmony 550 and PS3 adapter. I only use the one remote for everything, why don't you just use the harmony for bluray as well?

But I do know that you can adjust which controller it assigns the remote to, maybe they are assigned to the same number for both?

No, I want to use the Sony Blu-ray remote in our bedroom, and the Harmony in the living room. They are back-to-back, with an HDMI switch and wall fished HDMI cables; I use one PS3 for both rooms. :)

oh i'd love to do that! i'm not that technically smart, though :D

i have my ps2 upstairs and the 3 downstairs

PS3 uses Bluetooth - if you are within about 30' of the PS3, it will work.

You just need to run a long HDMI cord - be it a true cord, or a CAT5e/CAT6 to HDMI conversion setup.