Lettuce talk Elec Cutouts

Fubar231

From what I have read and been told unless you are making enough HP they hurt more than help.

They sound neat if you have headers, but I think they are pretty ricer if they are not useful.

Of course he's a fnin ricer look who your talking too.... gotta love when people give you advice that could help you. Instead proves his ricer ness with "haters gonna hater"

:jerkit:

I have a QTP cutout on my bolt-on Camaro. I dare anyone to find me another f-body with the same mods that makes more power without a cutout. It has been proven that an LS1 f-body with longtubes will make more power with a cutout than any aftermarket exhaust.

Mine has been on there for years, I open and close it all the time, and it still works perfectly.

I have also had a QTP electric cutout on my TA for years without any issues and use it quite often

I have a QTP cut-out on my car and in the last 5 years QTP has rebuilt is twice for me. I picked up 40 rwhp NA over the stock axle back exhaust on my car (this is when my car made 441rwhp with the cut out open) :)

I have to totally agree here, the cutout on a LS1 Camaro is worth it. I've heard mixed reveiws on which ones will give you the least trouble.

If these two think they are worth it, I would go with it. I always thought they were more trouble than they were worth.

Now that being said, what is a good place to put the cutout? I might have to do some research myself on this now.

If these two think they are worth it, I would go with it. I always thought they were more trouble than they were worth.

Now that being said, what is a good place to put the cutout? I might have to do some research myself on this now.

In front of the rear axle under the rear seat. If you watch my video you will get a good idea of where mine is.

I had one of these on my formula- I thought it was pretty cool- It could have been my imagination but I thought it leaked if I didn't open and shut it a few times. I saved it all these years to put on something else... it was louder so it felt faster but I doubt I gained anything with it... they are illegal according to the dmv btw. Lots of guys complain about the motors failing due to heat and the gears stripping out. I'd put them on my c5 if I was positive they wouldn't leak as there is nothing more annoying than that sound.

I might hit you up on that. What brand are you using and did it cause any issues with the tune?

QTP, my O2s read better with the cutout closed. No issues with the tune. With a bolt on car the only differance you will see is in the numbers. Chad Roberts is the only person I know that made less power when he opend his cutou and that was on a turbo mustang.

Edited by Linn

In front of the rear axle under the rear seat. If you watch my video you will get a good idea of where mine is.

This where mine is, but it doesn't make much of a difference since I have a free flowing catback.

I might hit you up on that. What brand are you using and did it cause any issues with the tune?

You don't need one since you already have the Magnaflow, the OP has the stock catback so it would benefit him.

This where mine is, but it doesn't make much of a difference since I have a free flowing catback.

You don't need one since you already have the Magnaflow, the OP has the stock catback so it would benefit him.

Dude, I need all the power i can get for race warz.