Gto opinoins

TurboRust

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I've heard from several GTO owners that with a good set of tires, they aren't bad in the winter at all.

GTP's are ok, but at the end of they day, it's still a FWD V6 automatic. Great daily don't get me wrong, but GTO > GTP any day of the week

Actually, I've heard from several GTO owners that with a good set of tires, they aren't bad in the winter at all.

GTP's are ok, but at the end of they day, it's still a FWD V6 automatic. Great daily don't get me wrong, but GTO > GTP any day of the week

very true, but as a daily driver id take a

GTP. id be too tempted to mod the shit outta the gto, then id have 2 cars and no daily.

very true, but as a daily driver id take a

GTP. id be too tempted to mod the shit outta the gto, then id have 2 cars and no daily.

That's still a problem with the GTP's. Ton's of guys out there running solid 12's even into the 11's with daily driven Gtp's

i love my gto but not sure i'd drive it in the winter. the stock tires suck ass, but you probably won't be able to find one still with the stock tires. i might be selling mine sometime this spring/summer. its a catback/intake/shifter/dyno tuned manual LS2 car with 26k miles

still a great car. i averaged 27mpg on the way home from chicago

to awnser your questions, i cant imagine they are to bad in the snow, or at least it cant be worse than firebird was and it didnt do to bad with with a good set of tires. I believe the transmission is a 4L80E. those are just a stronger version of the fbodies 4L60 unit, which can take alot of abuse.

My GTO was awesome. Not too fun in the snow, but a good set of winter tires will go a long ways towards rectifying that problem. Super duper comfortable. Wish I still had it. Also, the back seat really isn't that bad. Trunk space sucks, though.

It's worth it to get the ls2 and manual tranny.

Give me a shout if you want to hear more about it.

to awnser your questions, i cant imagine they are to bad in the snow, or at least it cant be worse than firebird was and it didnt do to bad with with a good set of tires. I believe the transmission is a 4L80E. those are just a stronger version of the fbodies 4L60 unit, which can take alot of abuse.

4L80E is a truck transmission, so no. the '04 uses a 4L60E and '05-'06 use the 4L65E.