See y'all at snow drags I guess

TurboRust

you might see it at a track day, if and only if, the fc isnt ready or is broken. I dont exactly plan on every "launching" the car, if i do run at the track it'll be pussy foot launch with my normal lightning speed shifting...lol

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HKS272 cams are very mild, but they do move the power band toward mid/top range of the rpm. When I had the HKS272 installed in my Evo, I definitely felt the loss of low end grunt and gain of the mid/top end pull.

ACT clutch is very decent IMHO. I had one in my car and the best ran with it was 11.01 @ 127 mph. So it's a capable clutch. I do hate the high rpm lock out. Mine did not happen every single time, but it happened enough to piss me off. People said that if you adjust the clutch pedal rod that will help to eleviate/eleminate the problem.

Twin disc clutch are nice. The pedal feel was like stock. But it's noisy.

All Evo that run on AEM EMS have problem with long crank. Not sure if the PO have the stock ECU, switching back to the stock ECU will make the car start up and run a lot better. Stock ECU on the Evo is very capable too. You can tune it to run very well with mods.

Oh yeah, if you ever launch the Evo, load the drive train and slip the clutch. Your Evo and wallet will thank you. Hope this help you with your Evo.

tell you what i've found is that the ams ems must not command the fuel pump to prime right away, if you wait 5-6-7-8 seconds and listen for the pump to prime, the car will start upon the first crank.

When you key the car on, a low side driver from the AEM pulses the pump to prime. There is a slight delay so you do want to always wait and not just immediately turn the starter over in one fast motion.

But... Its just coincidence that it started for you a few times on the first crank. It is completely related to the cam trigger and where it is in relation to the engine position. There is nothing you can do about the inconsistent amount of cranking time if you run the stock trigger wheel and an AEM.

Might as well sell the FC.

Told him that on the test drive....car would get silly w/ a turbo swap.

his offer was 6k

Yeah...next year after and I quote your wife "you wreck it two times over and break shit"

lol