Looking for a Hyundai Sonata Engine

01sentrase2.0

all foreign auto parts or LKQ...you can even wheel and deal with LKQ...for my elantra, i bought an engine off them for $350, and for my next one a couple years later they wanted $700 for one with more miles than the previous one...i basically said "fuck no, thats double what you guys were charging 2 years ago for a higher mileage engine"...the guy made a comment about "yeah, but they're more in demand though"...i told him "apparently not, because you have almost a dozen in your system right there that i can see" (i was at the hub in blacklick)...he said he could do $400 on it, which was the same price all foreign said from the beginning...my business went to AF, mainly because they offered the better price in the beginning, plus, they gave me like a 90 day (IIRC, may have only been 30) warranty on the engine.

all foreign auto parts or LKQ...you can even wheel and deal with LKQ...for my elantra, i bought an engine off them for $350, and for my next one a couple years later they wanted $700 for one with more miles than the previous one...i basically said "fuck no, thats double what you guys were charging 2 years ago for a higher mileage engine"...the guy made a comment about "yeah, but they're more in demand though"...i told him "apparently not, because you have almost a dozen in your system right there that i can see" (i was at the hub in blacklick)...he said he could do $400 on it, which was the same price all foreign said from the beginning...my business went to AF, mainly because they offered the better price in the beginning, plus, they gave me like a 90 day (IIRC, may have only been 30) warranty on the engine.

Is engine replacement every 2 years part of regular Hyundai maintenance ?

Is engine replacement every 2 years part of regular Hyundai maintenance ?

2 different cars...first one my buddy installed a cam gear and fucked up the timing and bent the valves...

second one was nuts...completely stock, 63k miles, driving to work (had already driven 17 of 18 miles of my total drive. ), at the light on schrock in front of roush hardware, light turned green, got to about 3k rpms and a rod snapped and punched holes in the front and rear of the block. I had even had the dealership change the timing belt when I bought the car at 59k because it was supposed to be done at 60 per the maintenance schedule. the oil was fresh, car was running just fine, no problems or indications of a problem leading up to it. It was just a freak occurence