C5 questions??

Stimmel1647545512

Just aquired a C5 6 speed car, its a 6 speed 100k on the clock car what are some tips,tricks, etc to do/look for on the car. I am going to change all the fluids and do a tune up on etc change the fluids, I am unfamiliar with all the little things to look for on these cars so any advice tips free mods and advice would be much appricated.

as far as what the cars purpose will be, a daily but full exhaust and cam may be in the near future

thanks

also pics will be posted when it arrives its in florida right now

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depending on the year you can't run synthetic trans fluid or you'll be pulling the trans for a rebuild.

check under the battery to see if it has leaked, if it has it could trash the wiring and you will get into some money to fix.

depending on the year you can't run synthetic trans fluid or you'll be pulling the trans for a rebuild.

check under the battery to see if it has leaked, if it has it could trash the wiring and you will get into some money to fix.

thanks aj its a 99 im gonna put a new battery in it the day it gets here its a 6 speed so whats the best tranny fluid for it?

thanks aj its a 99 im gonna put a new battery in it the day it gets here its a 6 speed so whats the best tranny fluid for it?

'99 seems to be about the worst year for the battery issue.

also your stuck with paper blocker rings and have to use regular dex III transmission fluid.

also i think i have the skip shift delete for a C5 if its not already done for cheep.

'99 seems to be about the worst year for the battery issue.

also your stuck with paper blocker rings and have to use regular dex III transmission fluid.

also i think i have the skip shift delete for a C5 if its not already done for cheep.

well ill pull the battery out asap and double check and i guess make sure to use dex III do these cars have the same 1st to 4th or whatever like the z and ss cars?

i forgot about that gayness well a delete kit is in the near future

also does a drop in k&n do just fine on these or does anyone have any reccomendations for a cai?

veraram B2 is the best ram air cai you can get.