audi a4,bmw 330ci or mercedes c class

2pointslow

I am getting rid of the genesis and looking at getting a different car.

I am trying to stay away from the performance part of modding as it will get me back to where i was. I am looking into getting either a audi a4, bmw 330ci coupe or mercedes c class.

I dont want to finance anything over 12-15k. I am positive in my genesis and i would like a car payment no greater than 300 per month.

What i am looking for....

white or black

40-80k miles

stick

leather

sunroof

sporty appearance

Other than these choices what else would you recomend in my criteria?

i would also be interested in acura`s.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW 330 ZHP fits in perfectly, they're still pushing the higher end of your price range but they're worth it. I would go for a sedan over a coupe though, I don't like the frame-less window glass in the doors on coupes and I really hate the window regulator design.

http://www.reveuro.com/inventory/bmw330i_zhp_10059/bmw330i_zhp_performancepkg_13.jpg

What should i be looking for when purchasing a higher mileage german car?

A brand specific indy shop to do a pre-purchase inspection. Seriously, it's completely worth the $75-$120 most places charge.

Obviously if the car exhibits signs of neglect/abuse you can skip the inspection and move on to another example. Do not be afraid of miles, be afraid of crappy owners.

Do not be afraid of miles, be afraid of crappy owners.

100% true.

I'd rather have a 120K Mile daily driver which was meticulously maintained by an enthusiast, than an 80K mile car that's had 4 oil changes and "only driven on the weekend".

German car likes to be driven, not serve as garage decorations.

Obviously if the car exhibits signs of neglect/abuse you can skip the inspection and move on to another example. Do not be afraid of miles, be afraid of crappy owners.

Bingo-my E46 has less miles than my old 740, but is in much better overall condition.

As far as price, I hope your not paying 12k for ANY E46, IMO.

i like it, my other question.

What should i be looking for when purchasing a higher mileage german car?

Hopefully you have the funds to support the repair bills. They can get expensive QUICK and usually start at 1k and up (at least my car is like that)... German Cars=$$$$ in maintaince...

Only reason I can see to not get the 330 ZHP would be the RWD. I don't like driving my truck in this crap and can't wait to get my new engine into the Audi to have AWD again. If you don't want to get into moding the 3.0 or 3.2 in the newer models don't have much aftermarket to help keep you from doing so.

Hopefully you have the funds to support the repair bills. They can get expensive QUICK and usually start at 1k and up (at least my car is like that)... German Cars=$$$$ in maintaince...

not if you do your own work. most of it is easy too, pair that with all the e-vendors that sell OEM shit dirt cheap, its likely the same as a domestic.

not if you do your own work. most of it is easy too, pair that with all the e-vendors that sell OEM shit dirt cheap, its likely the same as a domestic.

I do 99% of my own. But threw it out there because I don't know if the OP would be able to do it on a BMW or not.. Either way parts are still more $$$

Ehh some parts on German autos can get pricey but I do save a ton on labor.

However the E46 platform...esp that 3.0l motor is REALLY REALLY reliable, requires very little maintenance. When you need parts there are lots of sources AND even if you want OEM parts Tisher bmw sells wholsale parts online.

Yes you'll need to plan on doing control arm bushings and trailing arm bushings, if you buy a coupe the window trim WILL fall down on a summer day, it's not going to be trouble free but our old E46 325 was the most reliable, enjoyable car I think we've ever owned. You never had to worry about the thing, just get in, drive and enjoy.

"regular", older E46 cars are stupid cheap too for what you get. I think the ZHP 330 would be a great choice though despite the premium you'll pay for it.

Andy