audi a4,bmw 330ci or mercedes c class

2pointslow

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is ohio son, you need awd.

Why does everybody freak about the weather here? We don't get shit for bad weather. I am rocking Direzza Star Spec "extreme performance summer" tires and I have yet to get stuck. Last year I was running on bald Falken Ziex ZE-912 still didn't get stuck. Both years I was in a FWD SC Honda making about 300 hp with a manual. If you use your brain you do not need AWD. That being said, I WANT AWD. (Won't need it here but I still want it.)

Why does everybody freak about the weather here? We don't get shit for bad weather. I am rocking Direzza Star Spec "extreme performance summer" tires and I have yet to get stuck. Last year I was running on bald Falken Ziex ZE-912 still didn't get stuck. Both years I was in a FWD SC Honda making about 300 hp with a manual. If you use your brain you do not need AWD. That being said, I WANT AWD. (Won't need it here but I still want it.)

I'm in agreement with you here. Even my Audi isn't a quattro. Heck my wife daily drives our E55 through all of this crap. Yes it's got snow tires but it's rear wheel drive and makes nearly 500 ft/lbs at the wheels and she has yet to have any issues in the bad weather.

Driving around on summer tires in winter is borderline retarded honestly.

Why take your life, and possibly others into your hands becuase you didn't feel like switching tires. You could probably cut a brake hose and "make it" to work using the ebrake, but you'd realise that being able to stop reliably is imporant.

:nono:

+1.

I wanna get rid of my jeep for this very reason. Too little snow.

well maybe you dont drive where i drive, i have a 40 minute trek to work with a road that drifts a bit. you are the driver i pass thats doing 15mph that shouldnt be on the road most likely.

I am a fan of the CTS-V's, and you should be able to find an '04-'06 in the higher mileage range for close to $17k.

In order to find out what $300/mo payment gets you, I used a loan calculator here at work. Unfortunately, if you go older than MY 2006, your financing options will not be attractive (because most banks don't have attractive lending for fully-depreciated vehicles).

$300/mo

66 months

4.94%

LOAN AMOUNT: $17,142.11

Might want to thin your search down to 2006 and newer cars that are around $17k...

well maybe you dont drive where i drive, i have a 40 minute trek to work with a road that drifts a bit. you are the driver i pass thats doing 15mph that shouldnt be on the road most likely.

Actually I am the ricer blowing by you in the fast lane. I regularly pass the same 4wd's that park right next to me in the parking lot.

Driving around on summer tires in winter is borderline retarded honestly.

Why take your life, and possibly others into your hands becuase you didn't feel like switching tires. You could probably cut a brake hose and "make it" to work using the ebrake, but you'd realise that being able to stop reliably is imporant.

:nono:

If you drive like you have a brain it is a non-issue. I have yet to have an accident (besides getting hit from behind at a stop light in broad daylight in the middle of summer) in the 8 years I have lived in Ohio. I have also lived in Chicago and Ann Arbor. I have yet to own any type of 4wd or AWD. In 13 years of driving the only times I have had accidents they have all been when I was screwing around. Only one of those has been in the winter and guess what? I was driving on snow tires in a Chevette. Pulled the e-brake "drifting" around a corner and clipped a mailbox. The only time I have even had snow tires is on my Chevette and I ran them year round because that is what was on it when I got it.

The biggest issue here is people forget how to drive every time the white stuff starts flying. I couldn't believe it when I came here and found out about Snow Warnings and them having Level 3 banning you from driving.