Preferred Fuel ?

Kohones

I was wondering what the Preferred "brand" of gasoline used by you folks on this forum is? I've used Sunoco most of my life. The C5 Z06 I'd owned for 7 years got only Sunoco 93 octane. I never had any problems with the injectors or anything, but since I just spent a small fortune for the new C6 Z06, I'm wondering????

I've heard BP is best followed by Shell??

From BP's website:

BP does not participate in the Top Tier program. BP believes that consumer interests are best served when the automotive and oil industries work cooperatively to determine the optimal mix of vehicle hardware and fuel standards. We believe our new gasoline offer is unique and all grades of BP gasoline with Invigorate exceed the Top Tier requirements with respect to detergent additive content.

I still believe all shits the same.

Oh and Turkey Hill = Kroger

If they exceed the standards then they should be on the list.

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.

In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards.

Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards. The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below.

My guess is not all levels of BP gas include Invigorate. So maybe the ones with Invigorate do exceed Top Tier standards but not the others. In comparison everyone else on the list meets or exceeds the standards with ALL levels of gas they make.

If they exceed the standards then they should be on the list.

My guess is not all levels of BP gas include Invigorate. So maybe the ones with Invigorate do exceed Top Tier standards but not the others. In comparison everyone else on the list meets or exceeds the standards with ALL levels of gas they make.

Read the quote again, it says all grades. The whole top tier thing sounds like a pay to play thing to me. I don't know, I'm not worried. As long as it's premium or e85 I've never had any problems.

Shell or Sunoco. Even if Sunoco USA isn't on the list, I still trust their gas.

BP is an odd company for me. I won't touch their gas, but I really like Castrol Oils which are a BP product.

the speed only got sunoco but since i moved further away from sunoco and they no longer do 94 there i get shell 93 only in the legacy.

I stick to the name brand chains. I also look for a station to be clean and at least look like it's in good repair. My main concerns are stations that don't maintain their equipment (change fuel filters in the dispensers, monitor the tanks for water, etc...) Even so I typically dump a can of dry gas in my tank once or twice a year in case I've picked up some water. I had a concern a few years back when gas prices hit $4 for premium that because of the cost people were using less of it and it was sitting in the tank for too long.

Speedway for me, based only on proximity to my daily commute. I've never had any issues, but nothing I drive should really care.

I can also agree that I've heard bad things about BP, especially in GM vehicles. Not sure of the merit, but my parents had an Astro Van that the dealer plainly suggested not using BP gas in ever after two separate fuel system failures.

Read the quote again, it says all grades. The whole top tier thing sounds like a pay to play thing to me. I don't know, I'm not worried. As long as it's premium or e85 I've never had any problems.

Read the quote again it says "all grades of BP gasoline with Invigorate". That is exactly how you can make things say anything you want. It doesn't say all grades have Invigorate. It says that all grades that DO have Invigorate meet(exceed) those standards.

Top Tier is not a Pay to Play thing. It is completely voluntary. If your gas passes we put your name on the list. It doesn't even say that your car requires Top Tier gas just that they recommend it.

It is completely voluntary. If your gas passes we put your name on the list. It doesn't even say that your car requires Top Tier gas just that they recommend it.

I don't know about that. There is a lot more to it. They don't just run around taking samples from gas stations. They test the base fuel and they test the additives. There are also other requirements that doesn't mean anything when it comes to quality of fuel, for ex: to meet the requirement the fuel has to have 8-10% ethanol. They also only test fuels on 2 motors, a VW 1.9L and a 1990-95 GM 5.0L V8.

I think this is how rumors start and are spread when there are no facts presented anywhere. "Oh I heard that BP sucks, and some dude's grandma on a forum used BP and her fuel pump went out". Ford recommends BP in their cars, why the hell would they recommend shit gas?

I think it's cool that there is top tier testing, but i don't think it should be the bible of good fuel. I'm sticking to my believes that gas is gas, yes the detergents are slightly different but not significant.

http://www.toptiergas.com/deposit_control.html