Need recommendations on contractors...

Bam

help him figure out how to remove a 500lb marble slab from his shower without breaking it repair behind it and then put it back....

I told him to give my dad a call and see who he recomended, thats not exactly your everyday bathroom repair

Well...Dave got it kinda right....

The marble is cultured marble, and is 28x60 maybe 1/2inch thick, I can't see it weighing more than 50lbs, but I guess I have no idea.

Water leaked between where the marble meets a glass block window and I'm not sure if it damaged anything behind the wall, so I want to pull the marble panel off and inspect it/repair if necessary and put the marble wall back up.

i dunno, it doesnt seem all that strong/sturdy. It 'flexes' when you push on it. It's attached with silicone according to the people i had install it a few years back.

a new piece is only $110 so if I break it oh well, fuck me,but i guess i'd prefer not to obviously. i'm confident i can handle this myself but may have needed a 'professional' opinion/estimate for other reasons.

cut the dry wall around it and cut your silicone, then remove, you can put up new drywall a lot easier then trying to free it from the silicone on the wall. Then fix whatever is needed, repair your vapor barrier, reinstall mold resistant drywall and then use something better than silicone to hold the marble on