RX8

V8 Beast

I've driven a few. Not exactly what I'd call a straight line performance vehicle. They do handle well. I wouldn't want to drive one year round.

I do like the sound of a rotary at 8k tho.

If you do buy one every other mazda owner will offer to buy your stock rx8 wheels.

the junk little pistonless engines do not like to start when its cold outside. not going to be a problem now but in the winter it will be. we used to have one of the salesman's cars towed in weekly because it wouldn't start in the cold. they flood and soak the plugs.

also they are prone to flooding if they don't get warmed up to operating temp before shut off.

They look cool, handle well, and are fun to drive. I have wanted one since last summer, since I've seen the prices coming down and it should be relativly easy to get a baby seat in and out without driving a mom-mobile. $6k? Is it a manual? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I can buy a lot of gas for something that cheap.

Mileage will be around 12MPG.

Stay away from ANY 2004 model...period.

Only get a manual (9kRPM).

Be prepared to have anyone but you two flood it when they have it in their shop. Let car warm up for two or three minutes NO matter what do not turn off prior.

Sexy car though :).