Good Samaritan State Trooper

Benner

Driving home from Marion and witnessed a State Highway Patrol Officer, down on his knees changing a tire for an elderly lady in her Jeep.

Good to know there's still good Samaritan officers out there that'll take their time to help out a random stranger.

crazy i usually see cpd with someone pulled over and a half mile back someone broken down trying to change a tire.

Not hating ive had a state trooper pull over and try to help me with a tire once, but he didnt have a tire iron in the trunk.

good to see the state troopers are setting the example.

I had a Westerville cop roll up on me once on Thanksgiving night in the rain and sit behind us while I helped a lady change her tire, he told me to hurry up so he didn't have to sit in his cruiser there much longer. I was having trouble getting the spare out as it was a Honda odyssey and the spare is under the driver seat. I've watched countless Highway Patrol pass up motorists changing tires that I have followed at 70+ MPH.

The one today was most likely a trap for Kasich to drive by and him not get over again. :)

I have broken down a couple times from Marion to Deleware and the highway patrol have always helped me. The last time it was freezing out. He threw down some flares and he even let me sit in his car until the tow truck came. I was pretty impressed that he would do that.

The state guys are alright, they actually have to deal with scum on a regular basis so they don't have a chip on their shoulder...well most.

It's the city and county cops that will never do more then write a traffic ticket that give people a hard time and act like they are going to war every time their shift starts....well most, lol.

It's the suburb cops that will never do more then write a traffic ticket that give people a hard time and act like they are going to war every time their shift starts....well most, lol.

Fixed.

City (Columbus) and County cops actually have to deal with alot of crap on a regular basis and rarely bother with bullshit traffic stops/giving people a hard time.

The guy at Subway made my entire sandwich by himself. Boy that sure was nice of him to do!

So fricken true no matter where you go anymore though. I dont know what has happened but so many people have this sense of something being owed to them. And what happened to an honest day pay for an honest day of work. People seem to hate having to earn their paychecks nowadays. And the reason being is that nobody ever calls them out to it. And when someone does, people bitch about it and say they have such a hard job and blah blah blah. So it seems that the result is that nobody has to earn their pay and can deliver bad customer service and be a dick half of the time and thats just the way it is supposed to be.

I had a trooper give me a ride to get a spare alternator belt once when mine sheared off in the DSM. I put it back on on the highway and drove off. Hella nice guy and super unexpected

Now that's a different story. I would expect a trooper to stop and make sure you don't need help, but driving you to get a replacement part is above and beyond.

Now that's a different story. I would expect a trooper to stop and make sure you don't need help' date=' but driving you to get a replacement part is above and beyond.[/quote']

He paid for double meat, just like you did at Subway!