Who getting ready to watch Daytona?

SpaceGhost

Such a soap opera anymore. Jr. is going to win since it's his Dad's 10yr. anniversary and if he runs a larger restrictor plate and wins they will turn a blind eye in tech. It's his race to loose.

Reason? they need ratings so they don't go under since attendance/viewing numbers have been crashing.

Don't get me wrong guys, I used to watch nascar, but it's gone so far downhill like F1 and so many other series. I only really watch Austrailian V8 Supercars, ALMS, and Speed GT cup.

Who's your favorite? I'm a Smoke fan myself. Not really happy with the changes, I thought the Bud shootout was cool. Can't wait to see how this will pan out.

Tony is one of the few open wheel guys that did not fail in cup racing.

Now this is my favorite type of oval racing

Those guys can wheel a car.

As long as Jimmy faggot ass Johnson doesn't win, I don't care who does. That goes for every race, not just Daytona.

I heard that. Put Gordon or Jr. in that car w/CHAD and see what happens. I am sick of Jimmy Johnson.

Holy shit trevor bayne. I love it when no name drivers and under funded teams win.

+1

Great to see the Wood brothers in victory lane. I'm not a Ford fan but maybe I have another driver to cheer for.

+1

I really wanted to see Regan Smith or Bobby Labonte win it, but I loved seeing the Wood Brothers finally win another race. Bayne seems like a good dude too

I thought the 2 car drafting thing kinda sucked. You watch restrictor plate races on the super speedways for huge tight packs, not for a loosely bunched pack. NASCAR shouldn't have put the restrictions on cooling. If they could have stayed hooked up lap after lap pushing the whole way we would have see a much bigger pack and alot more action. As it was you still got wrecks but it was becasue the only way to go fast was to push someone the whole way around the circuit and the slightest little mistake and the guy out front was done for. The racing just didn't do it for me. I think at one point the first 6-8 cars were running together and you had to go back nearly 20 seconds to get to the next car. On a road course fine, on a super speedway no thanks.

I was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan. I pull for Jr. by default but actually find myself pulling for Montoya more than anyone these days. I think Montoya best represents what Dale Sr. did in his day other than the fact that he has no pull in the garage area with the other drivers. Kyle Bush is probably the best raw talent in the garage these days which I can appreciate but he's such a whiny bitch otherwise that I can't stand him.

The Dale Earnhardt tributes were cool but completely over the top at the same time. The whole place being silent and putting 3 fingers in the air on the 3rd lap was ok, the 3 on the grass in the infield was nice, but every time Michael Waltrip or Dale Jr were referenced we don't need to heaer about Sr. as well. Let the man rest.

I thought the 2 car drafting thing kinda sucked. You watch restrictor plate races on the super speedways for huge tight packs, not for a loosely bunched pack. NASCAR shouldn't have put the restrictions on cooling. If they could have stayed hooked up lap after lap pushing the whole way we would have see a much bigger pack and alot more action. As it was you still got wrecks but it was becasue the only way to go fast was to push someone the whole way around the circuit and the slightest little mistake and the guy out front was done for. The racing just didn't do it for me. I think at one point the first 6-8 cars were running together and you had to go back nearly 20 seconds to get to the next car. On a road course fine, on a super speedway no thanks.

I was a huge Dale Earnhardt fan. I pull for Jr. by default but actually find myself pulling for Montoya more than anyone these days. I think Montoya best represents what Dale Sr. did in his day other than the fact that he has no pull in the garage area with the other drivers. Kyle Bush is probably the best raw talent in the garage these days which I can appreciate but he's such a whiny bitch otherwise that I can't stand him.

The Dale Earnhardt tributes were cool but completely over the top at the same time. The whole place being silent and putting 3 fingers in the air on the 3rd lap was ok, the 3 on the grass in the infield was nice, but every time Michael Waltrip or Dale Jr were referenced we don't need to heaer about Sr. as well. Let the man rest.

Fords did not have to swap because of the coolimg system change. We were prepared for it. Bayne pushed the entire race.